Help im stuck on step 3!

well i wanted to install prestashop today and everything went smoothly..... until i got to step 3....

so i enter my database info and it connects fine. ive tried it with the root and with another user account on the database. i also tried it without putting email info in.... i host myself with a haiwatha web server through Mine OS (CRUX linux variation). ive deleted the databases multiple times and tried it again.... no luck...... the engine the mysql uses is MyISAM so i set it to that.... is writes to the database no problem but wont advance..... i really would like to get this running. any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem and the fix :)

In my case there was a folder _notes created in smarty/compile and smartyv2/compile/

after removing this files the installation resumed.

To check what causes the installation getting stuck use firefox and install firebug.

After pressing next check firebug and see what error it gives, fix this and it will continue

Good luck :)

well i got the output from firebug....

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<title>500 - Internal Server Error</title>

<style type="text/css">BODY { color:#ffffff ; background-color:#00000a }

DIV { font-family:sans-serif ; font-size:30px ; letter-spacing:20px ; text-align:center ; position:relative ; top:250px }

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div>500 - Internal Server Error</div>

</body>

</html>

idk what it means though

well i got the output from firebug....

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

<html>

<head>

<title>500 - Internal Server Error</title>

<style type="text/css">BODY { color:#ffffff ; background-color:#00000a }

DIV { font-family:sans-serif ; font-size:30px ; letter-spacing:20px ; text-align:center ; position:relative ; top:250px }

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div>500 - Internal Server Error</div>

</body>

</html>

idk what it means though

That's the wrong output, you have to set firebug on 'Console' and in the bar down console on 'All'

Then click the + before the GET or POST so it expand.

"Hello atvdude01, thank you for the message. Which version of PrestaShop are you installing? Also, who is your hosting provider. A server 500 error is a server or hosting error. I would check that you meet or exceed the requirements. http://www.prestasho...em-requirements

I hope this helps!"

im am installing the version that was newest as of july 20th. i host myself with a Hiawatha web-server. and i meet all the requirements.

"That's the wrong output, you have to set firebug on 'Console' and in the bar down console on 'All'

Then click the + before the GET or POST so it expand."

well i did and there 3 outputs. one is the one i posed already the others are....

_ 1348514136115 engine MyISAM language 0 login **** method createDB mode full name database password ********** server localhost tablePrefix ps_ type MySQL

Response Headers Connection close Content-Length 422 Content-Type text/html Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:17:47 GMT Server Hiawatha v7.5

Request Headers Accept */* Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5 Connection keep-alive Host 192.168.2.150 Referer http://192.168.2.150/prestashop/install/ User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1 X-Requested-With XMLHttpRequest

hope that helps to figure out my problem. im connecting to the server computer with anther computer in my house.