TECHNICAL ERROR:unable to save update quantity

Hello,please help me with this question. I can't solve this problem... When i enter to"Shopping cart" and click the "+" "-" or "x" buttons there,comes an error. I have made a picture of this error,please look at it,of somebody knows how to solve,i will be very thankful...

post-366195-0-10567900-1342789500_thumb.jpg

Can you please check to see if the issue persists if you switch temporarily back to PrestaShop's default theme?

-Mike

I can,but I'm afraid after that I will have to configure all my theme again? But i can say that i have the same theme in another site,i checked it and it works whithout problems,but the version of prestashop is differ there,that version is 1.4.2.5...

I can,but I'm afraid after that I will have to configure all my theme again? But i can say that i have the same theme in another site,i checked it and it works whithout problems,but the version of prestashop is differ there,that version is 1.4.2.5...

No, if you're just switching themes in your Back Office under Modules > Themes, you won't lose your configuration of your current theme. However, you may need to disable some modules manually for it to display properly with the default theme.

As always, be sure to back your website and database first!

-Mike

No, if you're just switching themes in your Back Office under Modules > Themes, you won't lose your configuration of your current theme. However, you may need to disable some modules manually for it to display properly with the default theme.

-Mike

-Mike

Hello,i did like this,and in Prestashop default theme there is no problem,and this function working normally. But i don't understand why? Because of i have the same theme in another site with version 1.4.2.5 and it working without problems...Please don't say that i have to change the Prestashop version to solve this problem... :(

Edited by eliko (see edit history)

Hi eliko,

I apologize, but I'm a little confused. You say that the function is working normally and there is no problem. In that case, what exactly is the issue?

-Mike

Hello,thanks for reply,ok,i wiil try to explane... I have two differ sites with the same theme. First is on 1.4.2.5 version,but i don't use this site,this was only for test,and in this version of presta everythink working normally. But i have second site with this theme,my real site which i'am using,with version 1.4.8.2,and in this site there is a problem with this function...And i can't solve it.That is why i asked for help...

Hi eliko,

Unfortunately, this theme is only listed as compatible with version 1.4.2 of PrestaShop, so there's not much I can suggest beyond contacting the developer of this template directly.

-Mike

I wrote them today but they haven't answered yet. Maybe you can advise me to change some files between versions 1.4.2.5 and 1.4.8.2? I think maybe if copy the file which control "Cart" function to 1.4.8.2 version it will solve the problem?

Hi eliko,

Since this is an external theme, the only real advice I could give you would be to compare the files one by one between your theme and the default theme in 1.4.8.2 to try to identify the changes that may need to be made in order to make it compatible. You can learn more about coding a theme here.

-Mike

Hi eliko,

Since this is an external theme, the only real advice I could give you would be to compare the files one by one between your theme and the default theme in 1.4.8.2 to try to identify the changes that may need to be made in order to make it compatible. You can learn more about coding a theme here.

-Mike

Ok,i will try,but it will be difficult for me as i don't know programming language. So please if you can tell me which files to compare first,which files are responsible for the operation with "Cart"?

Ok,i will try,but it will be difficult for me as i don't know programming language. So please if you can tell me which files to compare first,which files are responsible for the operation with "Cart"?

Like I said, without knowledge of the specific theme I cannot give you any suggestions on what to change specifically, as there are likely multiple areas which must be changed. This is why I suggested that you go through and compare it file by file with the default theme, or speak with the developer directly. A great deal has changed between 1.4.2 and 1.4.8.2, so there will likely be changes to multiple files.

-Mike

Like I said, without knowledge of the specific theme I cannot give you any suggestions on what to change specifically, as there are likely multiple areas which must be changed. This is why I suggested that you go through and compare it file by file with the default theme, or speak with the developer directly. A great deal has changed between 1.4.2 and 1.4.8.2, so there will likely be changes to multiple files.

-Mike

Hello,yesterday i wanted to compare files as you adviced.But before this i install 1.4.8.2. version on local computer with the same theme in order to compare and change files on local. I think the problem will be on local too,but....On local everythink was ok,then i copied all folders (except config) from site via ftp to the root directory on local,but the problem did't appear again.I really don't know what to do,please advice me somethink...

Hi eliko,

Please contact the developer of this theme or install a theme compatible with your PrestaShop version. Alternatively, you can call our team at 888 947 6543 or send an email to benjamin DOT utterback AT prestashop DOT com and we'll be happy to match you up with a PrestaShop Certified developer who can upgrade your theme for you.

-Mike

Hi eliko,

Please contact the developer of this theme or install a theme compatible with your PrestaShop version. Alternatively, you can call our team at 888 947 6543 or send an email to benjamin DOT utterback AT prestashop DOT com and we'll be happy to match you up with a PrestaShop Certified developer who can upgrade your theme for you.

-Mike

Ok,i will try to concact the developer,thank you very much...

• 1 month later...

Hello I have encountered the same problem.When I tried to subtract or delete quanity in the shopping it says TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save update quantity". I am using prestashop Prestashop Version: 1.4.8.3, no SSL, and my theme is the prestashop_new.Please help.ty in advance

• 2 months later...