[SOLVED] How to make the search bar imput field bigger

Edit stylesheet file "modules/blocksearch/blocksearch.css"

line 18, replace :

#header_right #search_block_top input.search_query { width: 12em }

with :

#header_right #search_block_top input.search_query { width: 25em }

Regards

• 3 months later...

I would like to know how you got that default text in the box "ENTER TITLE OR ARTIST OR SONG". When I look at that module there a already code in there and I don't want to mess up the code that is in there... but Firebug shows your code a bit different.

so this is what is in my blocksearch-top.tpl it is also similar for blocksearch.tpl

" <form method="get" action="{$link->getPageLink('search.php')}" id="searchbox">

<p>

<label for="search_query_top"><!-- image on background --></label>

<input type="hidden" name="orderby" value="position" />

<input type="hidden" name="orderway" value="desc" />

<input class="search_query" type="text" id="search_query_top" name="search_query" value="{if isset($smarty.get.search_query)}{$smarty.get.search_query|htmlentities:$ENT_QUOTES:'utf-8'|stripslashes}{/if}" />

<input type="submit" name="submit_search" value="{l s='Search' mod='blocksearch'}" class="button" /> "

Prestashop 1.4.xx around line 35 - 1.5.xx around line 46 and around line 33 for the mobile theme

Edit the file modules/blocksearch/blocksearch-top.tpl

Change the text in bold to whatever you like.

You really only need to change the first 'Search Entire Store' but I prefer to change both.

Change this

<input class="search_query" type="text" id="search_query_top" name="search_query" value="{if isset($smarty.get.search_query)}{$smarty.get.search_query|htmlentities:$ENT_QUOTES:'utf-8'|stripslashes}{/if}" />

To this

<input class="search_query" type="text" id="search_query_top" name="search_query" value="{if isset($smarty.get.search_query)}{$smarty.get.search_query|htmlentities:$ENT_QUOTES:'utf-8'|stripslashes}{else}{l s='Search entire store...' mod='blocksearch'}{/if}" onfocus="if(this.value=='{l s='Search entire store...' mod='blocksearch'}')this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='{l s='Search entire store...' mod='blocksearch'}';" />

• 1 month later...

hi, could you provides some directions on making the search field box AND button and text sixe bigger for prestashop 1.5? i attempted to do this but instead it made the box collide with other content plus it was no longer centered neatly like the default.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

I tried the suggestion of tdr170 and it works very good, but I need to know is it possible to change the text Search entire store...' according with the language chosed, I mean I have a shop with two languages and I would like that the text will be traduced once you choose the language.

Anybody has an idea?

Thank you in advance,

regards

Miriam

Hi,

I tried the suggestion of tdr170 and it works very good, but I need to know is it possible to change the text Search entire store...' according with the language chosed, I mean I have a shop with two languages and I would like that the text will be traduced once you choose the language.

Anybody has an idea?

Thank you in advance,

regards

Miriam

hello Miriam

in this case you have to translate it manually in the translations tool located under localization > translations tab in your bo