Autoupdate - Root directory is fully writable problem

Hello,

I'm trying to update from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8.2 and the "Root directory is fully writable" section has the red X after it.

First, i chmod my main directory to 777. That didn't work. Next, i chmod EVERY FILE AND DIRECTORY recursively in the root directory to 777. Still didn't work. Any idea why? Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

The same problem here..., trying to run the autoupdate but I can't because the "Root directory is NOT fully writable". The afected directory is the /logs, but I can't change its attributes because is a system directory and it's not possible to change it...., any advice how to go on? Thaanks!

Hi Benjamin thanks for your answer!

Obviously yes, I tried to change the /logs directory permissions to 777 but it's a protected directory and it's not possible to change its attributes..., I contacted my hosting provider (1and1) and they confirmed what I said...., so Houston I have a problem!

I have this issue because the webhost I use doesn't allow unlimited access to the root directory as the root directory is the name of the folder on their computer that houses my website and the root of my website is contained within that directory. So is there any way to set this up to be able to be used with a subdirectory?

Edited by Metsubo (see edit history)

Installing it into a subdomain associated with a subdirectory solved the issue for me. I suppose at this point it wouldn't be anything more than just copying the files over via an FTP or file-manager software to get it back to the main URL. I was using a test.mydomain.com that I had tied to root/test/prestashop so when I went to test.mydomain.com/prestashop it had full rights access.

Edited by Metsubo (see edit history)

• 1 year later...