[SOLVED] Change Default Category View to List

I am trying to change the default category view from Grid to List. I have looked at this topic

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/99248-change-sub-category-view-to-grids-instead-of-list-v14/

But there is not really any explanation of what is being done and I don't want to have to go through and redo all the css to make it look correct. The theme that I am using offers two views: Grid and List. Right now the default view when the category loads is Grid. I want to change this to List. Is there a way to go about doing this? Thanks for your help.

Hi TailgunnerMedia,

You will need to find the correct javascript file in your specific theme directory in order to find this. Without knowledge of the file structure of this specific theme I couldn't tell you what exactly to look for inside your theme's /js directory, but if you can't find it yourself, the developer of this theme should be able to tell you very easily.

It would be a very simple change, it's just a matter of finding the proper file.

-Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

TailgunnerMedia, ken you please share what css class have you changed. I have a template and is not listing korrect , only if i push on the LIST or GRED button. If i load the page for the firs time with cookies deleted, is listed very bad. Is not load the default listing.

Edited by Marius05 (see edit history)

TailgunnerMedia, ken you please share what css class have you changed. I have a template and is not listing korrect , only if i push on the LIST or GRED button. If i load the page for the firs time with cookies deleted, is listed very bad. Is not load the default listing.

If you can give me a link to your site I can take a look.