Possible conflict in paymentReturn hook

Hello, I have a payment module installed and I'm trying to install and adapt another module which registers this hook on install function:

$this->registerHook('paymentReturn');

After the payment has taken place, this latter hook is never executed, I wonder if it has something to do with the payment module hook or which can be the problem.

Can you help me?

Thank you

I thought paymentReturn occurs after coming back from bank's payment screen and having payed...

Anyway I'm getting that far, I get to order confirm and pay with a test credit card and then go back to my shop

Thank you

when i do a search for 'paymentReturn' in the codebase, it is located in the Hook class. The only place that invokes that function is the process function in OrderConfirmationController.

I never understood the difference between the paymentReturn and orderConfirmation hooks. They are both invoked from the OrderConfirmationController, and their content is displayed in order-confirmation.tpl

I'm not sure what you mean by the "banks page". Since you have not specified the module or payment gateway being used, it would be impossible for me to guess.

I will assume this payment module is interfacing with some gateway. That gateway would likely be returning a response code indicating success or failure. You would have to interrogate that response to determine if it was successful.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I'm trying to install a "hookPaymentReturn" on my module in order to get some specifics parameter values returned by any other payment module that could be executed.

I can see my module hook in ps_hook_module table at 2 position, the activated payment module executes its own hookDisplayPaymentReturn, but the one I've installed is not being executed.

The hooks are not only executed once right? What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks