Issues after cloning, setting up a test site

Ive just finished developing a new prestashop site and now wanted to clone it and keep one on the main site and another on a testsite.

After the cloning, the test site is showing the following problems:

• redirect-loop at BO login
  • error message when saving an address/proceeding in the checkout.

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save adresses

Details:
    Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]
    Text status: parsererror

This is discovered so far and all appeared after the move. I have seen some individual fix for the above but there most be a solution to fix all since all must be connected to the clone, and if the real cause isnt found there probably are lots of these errors lurking.

I did the following:

• Export and Import the database
  • Changed the URL in ps_configuration PS_SHOP_DOMAIN and PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL
  • Moved all files
  • Changed the database settings in config/settings.inc.php

Thoughts:

I am looking for things as cache or cookies that would be saved in the clone and thus saving old settings or similar. I have cleared the compile, the cache is off so it was already empty.

In the settings.inc.php the COOKIE keys are the same, should they be? or will they interfere?

EDIT:

After a reinstall - no change

After first disabling friendly urls and canonical urls - above seemed fine. Another error appeared instantly:

Cart remains empty when adding products. Occurs on the second repeating order. Clear cache helps but problem appears again on second repeating order after that. Please help.

Edited by enkelhandel (see edit history)

anyone? Shouldn't be such a uncommon problem since setting up a test site should be standard procedure for every organized developer.

Hi, you are correct this is standard stuff and I've done dozens if not tens of dozens...I've never experienced the problems that you described. I will say however if you created you 'test' site on another server, either remote or local, and did not say use the installer, then if there is an incompatibility that ps would normally tell you about, well you get the idea. I suggest doing an install of a vanilla ps and see if it reports any problems with your sever setup.

Hi, you are correct this is standard stuff and I've done dozens if not tens of dozens...I've never experienced the problems that you described. I will say however if you created you 'test' site on another server, either remote or local, and did not say use the installer, then if there is an incompatibility that ps would normally tell you about, well you get the idea. I suggest doing an install of a vanilla ps and see if it reports any problems with your sever setup.

Thank you for your input.

I have tried that and there presta did not show any warning during the install. Also the testsite is on the same server, in fact it is a subdomain. But could that cause a problem? Have you put a copy of a prestasite on a subdomain with success?

sorry,i have no idea .g.gif

Thanks anyway adames

Hi, no problems with sub-domains on my end. Only thing I can think of is deleting the .htaccess from your copied site. Otherwise without getting my hands on it...I'm at a loss as to what is going on.

Okay, yes I have done such move before without any problem (never to a subdomain though). .htaccess file is deleted and recreated, unfortunately without any effect. Cannot understand this...

Have anybody experienced these problems at any occasion? E.g. when setting up a new shop, cloning, copying, importing etc. Otherwise I will prepare a bug report and put this on forge.