[solved] Website very slow! Back office ok

mindaugelis

What type of hosting are you using ie. shared ? dedicated? Do you have force compile on? do you have cache on?

Hosting shared but other website is ok, force campile on, cache on. Using presta for more than 1year never had problem with it till yesterday. Did not change any settings just google translator installed week ago

Hi mindaugelis,

Did you contact your webhost about it? Did you try to remove/disable google translator to see if it is the culprit?

nope i did not contact webhost yet as back office and other website is working, yep i disabled google translator and rename module in direct admin, nothing changed

Quick thing you can do, remove all files and directories from:

/cache/cachefs/*

/tools/cache/*

/tools/compile/*

And set settings back to caching etc.

If that doesn't work I would disable plugins 1 by 1, especially the ones that you changed lately. Good luck.

Try changing to another (default) theme. Try disabling all non-default plugins. Run your site local and debug some more.

If that all doesn't work I would personally probably just install a new shop and then copy products, categories, orders, etc.

Btw, always make backups.

Edited by Nozonda (see edit history)

Try disabling each of the modules one by one... starting with the most recently installed. Disable one and then reload the page. If it gets better you know that one of the disabled modules is causing the error. Once you narrow it down you can choose to not use it or find a fix by looking at that module's code. A lot easier to look through 1-2 files and all of Prestashop.

HTH!

• 1 year later...

I had exactly the same problem. loading the homepage took up to 23 seconds, loading any other page took 1.5 seconds.

After disabling the featured products module hamepage loading reduced to 2 seconds.

Now I have to find out whats wrong with the featured products module but at least the page is loading correctly.