Looking for a good caching system to speed up my site (Memcached or CloudCache)

Hello,

I need help with speeding my very slow store (1min or more)

I have read a little about Memcached and Memcached. But I'm super new to having a online store.

I'm Asking and one for help. If you have used these system's or know about them Please tell me what you think.

Or if you know any other way to speed up a site, let me know.

Thanks

Nate

Hi Nate,

CloudCache is a great option if you really want to speed up your site. We use it ourselves on PrestaShop.com.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Nate,

CloudCache is a great option if you really want to speed up your site. We use it ourselves on PrestaShop.com.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Would you know any thing about Memcached ?

Thanks for your Help.

Nate

With memcached, you need a lot of RAM for it to work correctly. I'm using a vps with 1824 megs of RAM and it works well. Also, in the Add Server choice, I originally used localhost or 127.0.0.1, which produced some strange results. When I changed the server IP to my static IP address, it functioned perfectly. I don't know why, but that's my experience.

I also tried Cloudcache. With cloudcache, certain images weren't showing up. Working with their support, they said that the Prestashop cloudcache module didn't currently support shared SSL (which you can enable in your cloudcache control panel). Instead it supported ssl where Cloudcache maintains your ssl certificate on their server. That runs $24.95/month, more than I wanted to spend. However their support person wrote me and said that Prestashop will have a newer version of the module any day now which supports the free shared ssl. I have my own SSL certificate on my server, but wanted to use their shared ssl for images, etc., the way I use Amazon AWS on another site. As soon as that module comes in, I'll be using it.

• Like 1

With memcached, you need a lot of RAM for it to work correctly. I'm using a vps with 1824 megs of RAM and it works well. Also, in the Add Server choice, I originally used localhost or 127.0.0.1, which produced some strange results. When I changed the server IP to my static IP address, it functioned perfectly. I don't know why, but that's my experience.

I also tried Cloudcache. With cloudcache, certain images weren't showing up. Working with their support, they said that the Prestashop cloudcache module didn't currently support shared SSL (which you can enable in your cloudcache control panel). Instead it supported ssl where Cloudcache maintains your ssl certificate on their server. That runs $24.95/month, more than I wanted to spend. However their support person wrote me and said that Prestashop will have a newer version of the module any day now which supports the free shared ssl. I have my own SSL certificate on my server, but wanted to use their shared ssl for images, etc., the way I use Amazon AWS on another site. As soon as that module comes in, I'll be using it.

Hi PrestaShop Apprentice,

Thanks for all the info. I use ipage.com to host my site. Do you know if use both of them still will work good??

Nate

Edited by natebc (see edit history)

I use memcached with Amazon AWS (Cloudfront) on one of my sites with excellent results. I just put the cloudfront URL into the media server box and it pulls all my images from there, and it's cached worldwide. My other site runs memcached and I am attempting to get Cloudcache to work with it. The latest I heard was there will be a module that works with shared ssl within two weeks. Right now it won't work with anything secure on my site.

Memcached is broken in 1.4.8.2 http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFI-5737

Regards.

Hi oka,

The report you linked to above is actually very likely not a bug in PrestaShop, but a limitation of your hosting server. From that error message, it appears that memcached was never added to your server. I would recommend that you contact your hosting provider for more information.

-Mike

Hello Mike.

Not only happen to me http://www.prestasho...577#entry849577

With a vmware virtual machine i get the same results, so i think it is not a hosting problem.

Regards.

PD: I was using Memcached without problems until I updated to 1.4.8.2, other instances of Memcached running in the same VPS are running without any issue.

Edited by oka (see edit history)