(SOLVED)New Install 1.5 RC Error On Installation

Hi Team,

I have downloaded the latest version of the 1.5 RC and trying to get this to install on a test server, so everything is fresh and new ( domain & database)

All setting are correct when going through the installation until you get to the last screen which there is a screen shot for you to see, I am getting an error with the default shop and languages...

Any help or comments on this please ???

Kind Regards,

Mark.

SOLVED = this was solved because my host had to enable copy() function on the server

post-18956-0-42177200-1339156163_thumb.png

Edited by thehandlestudio (see edit history)

Hi!

Mine is local,( 127.0.0.1) xampp(Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1)....but strange thing I disabled adblock on FF addon and it installed perfect on FF 13. With or without demo products, make no difference.

As Raphael, one of our developer, said in the French forum, to give us as much details as possible it would be best to install Firebug and to follow these steps:

- Open Firebug before installing PrestaShop.

- Select the console tab.

- Start the installation with Firebug still open. You should see many links in the console tab. Once you have the error message click on the last one. You should have some data, copy and past it in this topic.

Thank you :)

In reply to your message:

As Raphael, one of our developer, said in the French forum, to give us as much details as possible it would be best to install Firebug and to follow these steps:

- Open Firebug before installing PrestaShop.

- Select the console tab.

- Start the installation with Firebug still open. You should see many links in the console tab. Once you have the error message click on the last one. You should have some data, copy and past it in this topic.

Thank you :)

For Firebug information see the attachment below. I see that Firebug can be configured many ways, let me know if you need different information.

We are trying to install 1.5RC on our test site store2.bosombuddies.info. The Server information below is from our other test site(www.bosombuddies.info) which is on the same server:

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.6.2

Server information: Darwin Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.0: Mon Apr 9 19:32:15 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1699.26.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 PHP/5.3.10 with Suhosin-Patch

PHP version: 5.3.10

MySQL version: 5.5.13-log

Store information

Shop URL: https://www.bosombuddies.info/

Current theme in use: BB_prestashop

Mail configuration

Mail method: You are using the PHP mail() function.

THANKS!

Lynnette

post-261481-0-70410300-1339692055_thumb.png

Edited by lynnetted (see edit history)

In reply to your message:

For Firebug information see the attachment below. I see that Firebug can be configured many ways, let me know if you need different information.

We are trying to install 1.5RC on our test site store2.bosombuddies.info. The Server information below is from our other test site(www.bosombuddies.info) which is on the same server:

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.6.2

Server information: Darwin Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.0: Mon Apr 9 19:32:15 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1699.26.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 PHP/5.3.10 with Suhosin-Patch

PHP version: 5.3.10

MySQL version: 5.5.13-log

Store information

Shop URL: https://www.bosombuddies.info/

Current theme in use: BB_prestashop

Mail configuration

Mail method: You are using the PHP mail() function.

THANKS!

Lynnette

Here's the headers from FireBug:

Cache-Control no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Connection Keep-Alive Content-Length 186 Content-Type text/html; charset=utf-8 Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:57:00 GMT Expires Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT Keep-Alive timeout=15, max=96 MS-Author-Via DAV Pragma no-cache Server Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 PHP/5.3.10 with Suhosin-Patch X-Powered-By PHP/5.3.10

Request Headers Accept application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01 Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate Accept-Language en-us,en;q=0.5 Connection keep-alive Cookie install_de491c6ed8c2f3118bd02d2d6cd570f4=ulfapcdo6b0kpld4it0t1jvmbs6u6q43; install_6666cd76f96956469e7be39d750cc7d9=9oi1kots6858d1g40ganr8t5tkk5cvp1; 9ffb800e76372160cbb02415dccd7dec=TkHOKEl5Gp2EMt41Fdo9EkN6dymbXbyHf4FFFe35Yt5sIuvoEp1MT5kNFtRy9cXJzON5%2FGJp%2BEs%2BcL1kG3FC6g%3D%3D000059; 0ce3beb550fcd80fa4e2751c91d13df6=GlviyiwkHbP1U8esFuI%2BJbapGoUIdnawXOQ48q0prOk%3D000019 DNT 1 Host store2.bosombuddies.info Referer https://store2.bosombuddies.info/install/index.php?restart=true User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0 X-Requested-With XMLHttpRequest

I have just tried again with firebug enabled and this is what I get

GET www***********************************

200 OK 506ms

ParamsResponseJSON

{"success":true,"message":""}

GET www*************************************

200 OK 905ms

ParamsResponseJSON

GET www*************************************

200 OK 958ms

ParamsResponseHTML

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: SIMULATION - copy() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/handlest/test_html/install/models/install.php</b> on line <b>322</b><br />

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: SIMULATION - copy() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/handlest/test_html/install/models/install.php</b> on line <b>322</b><br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Regards,

Mark.

Edited by thehandlestudio (see edit history)

@thehandlestudio : hello, you have this problem because the function copy() is disabled on your server, and without this function a lot of thing wont work on your PrestaShop. So I suggest ou fix this problem : open the php.ini file, and remove "copy" of the list of disabled functions. Then restart Apache.

Regards

Hello Richard,

you have to replace the line 387 in the file classes/Search.php by this one to fix this bug :

$limit = max(1, floor($limit / $max_possibilities) * $max_possibilities);

Regards

Thanks, i hope there will not be similar errors in the production version of 1.5 :)

By the way am I the only one too getting Access denied when I first login to the PS BO and there's no menu working etc. I have spotted this problem with all PS 1.5 version from the start. Attached screenshot: http://www.screencast.com/t/C49Gxa37Q

This bug is overcome when I save My Preferences info.

Edited by Richard S (see edit history)

Can you give me the exact way to reproduce this bug after a new install ? Because some people have this one too, but i cannot reproduce it :/

Thank you !

I have not done anything special, I just install it and try to login for the first time. If you want, I can create a dev environment for you on my server and you will be able to see how it works and maybe will find a solution, because I had this bug all times I installed PS15 from the first versions.

For anyone else experiencing this issue I'll give you the solution that solved this problem for me.

My PHP version was 5.2.17. Every time I went to install I got an error with the demo products at 63% or sometimes 75%.

If I didn't install demo products it would install but then if I tried to goto SEO & URL Rewriting options I would get a Internal Server Error.

I updated my PHP version to 5.3.13 and now everything works perfectly.

I tested this both through MAMP on local computer and also on my hosted server. Exact same problem caused by PHP version. Hope this helps someone.

Julian

• 3 weeks later...

I still have this problem with the install, I have reported this to the bug tracker here and it says it has been fixed on the svn so I downloaded the latest svn and yet I still get the same error, I start a new report here and not even a reply to this from over a week ago.

How can I test if I can't even install it??

Regards,

Mark

• 4 years later...

Hi!

I tried to install 1.5 RC using FireFox, Safari, and Chrome and I got to about the 34 or 38% mark and received an error:

Cannot create image "Mr" for entity "gender",Cannot create image "Ms" for entity "gender",Cannot create image "Miss" for entity "gender"

A screen shot is attached.

Does anyone have any advice for how to get beyond this point?

Thanks!