New Alpha 1.2 - Installation hangs after step 4! -Help?

Hey everyone. I'm having trouble installing the new Alpha. I have everything setup the same way as my old shop.

This is for a new shop in its own folder and domain, but same host (GoDaddy). Just like my first shop.

I get to step 4, fill everything out, and when I hit next, the button flashes like it worked, but does not go to step 5 to finalize.

I checked the main page after installing and the shop installed properly for the most part. Except I cannot access the admin. It tells me:

"employee does not exist, or bad password"

I have changed the admin folder name and deleted install folder of course*
But still, nothing works.

I have wiped out the database and host files and followed installation instructions 100%

Can anyone help?

same problem for me! I tried in IE and firefox...

In IE I get an error message indicating that admin password must be at least 8 characters (which I did). In firefox there is no error message. It is impossible to go to step 5 and therefre no admin user is created...

I suppose this is a bug?

• 3 months later...

Same Problem here.

I have just installed the Alpha 1.2 and it hanged on step 4, I have deleted the Install Folder and changed the Admin.

But I can't login and am getting this message "employee does not exist, or bad password"

Anyone have any solution to this?

Hi,
I had the same issue as JJBYPC. The password I put in the setup did not work, and I kept getting that error message. I finally had the system send me a password, that got me in, and I changed the password to what I wanted.

pb4sc

• 1 year later...

Thank you JJBYPC! I had the same issue and solved!

Hey Guys,

I have managed to Install successfully.

Just remove the TICK to Receive notifications via emails and it will work.

Hope the Dev Team will fix the BUG.