[Solved] installing 0.9

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the upgrade, I am looking forward to playing around with it.

However, I'm sorry to say that I am stuck with upgrading to the new 0.9 version.  I have been following the 5th Dec upgrade instructions on the website.

I have renamed my old prestashop directory, backed up my database and copied the new 0.9 prestashop folder into the root directory and copied over the img and custom theme folders.  I then launched the installer, however I was unable to click on 'upgrade' as it was grayed out.

I did a full install so now I have a brand spanking new shop with none of the items from my shop.

How do I just upgrade to 0.9 and keep everything that I had set up?

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Hi Ash,

We're very sorry about that!

Upon review of the Update documentation, we forgot to include a step.  It's now added.  I'll post it here for your reference:

9. Copy the settings.inc.php file from the backup folder config to the new build's config folder.

In your case, to be able to activate/'ungrey' the Update option in the Installer, all you need to do is:

1) Empty the database (while keeping your backup copy safe, of course)

2) Erase all NEW build files.

3) Follow the now-improved Update PrestaShop instructions.

That should do it.  Please let us know if you have any further problems. :)

Thanks Pete,

I have copied over the settings.inc.php file as per the new instructions.  When I try to open the index.php file I then just go straight through to my shop (which now has all the products).  Should the installer / updater run at this point?

I tried to then go into the backshop area but now my password is not being accepted. 

Any advice would be appreciated, in the meantime I shall delete the new version and start over.

Ash

Hi Ash,

Hmmm.  Did you just copy over the settings.inc.php file and then try to click index.php?  Or did you start afresh by following the 3-step process as outlined above first?

If the former, that won't work; you need to empty the database and erase/replace the new build files before following the Update Install instructions.

Good luck, and do keep us posted ;)

Hello once again,

Yes I did follow the 3 step process - here is what I did just in case it is wrong:

1.  deleted all tables from the database

2.  deleted all 0.9 files from my web root

3.  copied over new 0.9 files into my web root

4.  copied over contents of img folder and my custom theme

5.  copied over settings.inc.php

6.  typed the following path in my browser:  localhost/prestashop/index.php

This does not run the setup program but takes me through to my shop but obviously now with no data

I am sorry if I am missing something really obvious, although I am now pretty good at navigating my round the prestashop folders  :)

Thanks, everything now works fine.

One minor (I think) thing to mention, I ran the update on my full database, i.e. not the cleaned out db (when I ran it on the db with all tables deleted I just gots lots of table missing errors).  One MySQL error was raised: 

(1050) Table 't_product_download' already exists.

Is this OK...it looks like it was trying to create a table that was there, but I presume that given that it is there already that everything is OK?

Thanks with all of your help so far.

Ashley

• 3 months later...