[SOLVED] How do I correct a translation error in New Products Module?

The New Products module has a translation error for new default template 1.4.5.

It reads "En savoir plus" and I think the English for this should be "Learn More."

I tried changing the tpl file from "En savoir plus" to "Learn More" but the change did not occur.

What should be changed?

See www.carriedawaycrafts.com to view the problem live.

Edited by CarriedAwayCrafts (see edit history)

It looks as though you have not changed this in the right place as 'En savoir plus" still shows in the code.

Try going to tools/ translations and look under Modify Translations, Front Office translations, New products.

Click on the flag to the right to translate that language.

• Like 1

That didn't work but I think we're definitely in the right area. I actually went to Modify Translations > Translations of Installed Modules > List of Themes - Click to access theme translation: >Theme: prestashop_new > prestashop_new - blocknewproducts ... and there I found "En savoir plus" but when I changed it to "Learn More" nothing happened. My front office New Products block still has "En savoir plus" as the link text.

And I know that I did everything right because your suggestion above, quite accidentally (and happily so) led me to another translation that has been bothering me, which was "Informations" (plural) in the new footer instead of the proper "Information" (singular). I changed that in Translations > Translations of Installed Modules > List of Themes - Click to access theme translation: >Theme: prestashop_new > prestashop_new - blockcms ... and the change was effective (thanks for that).

But why isn't this working for " 'En savoir plus" ???

post-262326-0-34897900-1337752626_thumb.jpg

tdr170: Thank you my friend. You taught me how to work in tools > translations, and I was able to solve a separate problem because of it (translation in footer).

elpatron: Thank You, my friend! Your solution worked!

If there is ever anything that I can do, for either of you, to return your kindness ... please do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,

Tony