[SOLVED] How to add new email templates

Dear All,

I have to add a new email template for delivery of a product. Please let me know how can i add new email templates.

I can only edit the email templates under Tools-> Translations -> email templates. But i need to create new templates.

Please let me know,

Akshay

• Like 1

Hi,

I need the same feature to add a new order status with a new mail sent to custmer.

I have create another 2 file (based on Order_conf file):

• order_conf2.html
  • order_conf2.txt

I put the file in /mails/it/ folder (my site is in italian)

But when I try to add a new order status, I can't chose my new mail template.

Dashino

Edited by Dashino (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

OK I want this too. How do you make a new email template. Being able to add a new status is pretty worthless if you cant add an email alert (email template) and have to select from the ones that are already there..and have their own statuses (statusi?)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

UP !

Did anyone find a solution apart of updating an existing template ? I created 2 fils in my mails template folder aswell, one .html, one .txt but I can't find them in the BO / use them to send an email and chose my template.

Thanks.

Hi all ! If anyone is still looking for the solution it's not obvious but easy:

You have to add your template (both format .html ans . txt) in ALL languages folder which are set on your prestashop BO (or at least English, just have fr and en folder here) : root/mails/en

Hope you will find it quickly and won't waste much time...

Regards

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Hi all ! If anyone is still looking for the solution it's not obvious but easy:

You have to add your template (both format .html ans . txt) in ALL languages folder which are set on your prestashop BO (or at least English, just have fr and en folder here) : root/mails/en

Hope you will find it quickly and won't waste much time...

Regards

Thank you very much Kaby, you are a lifesaver! I could not, for the life of me, figure out why the email template I created didn't appear in the Backoffice for further editing. Thank you!

Even though I'm not the OP, I think that this topic should be marked as solved.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I tried to put the file with different name in language folder: i have 2 Zh and En but nothing seems to work. Any ideas.

Well Sorry i just overlooked that i have two prestashop shop installed on my server and i was looking and configuring one and looking for change to happen on other when i realised this i went to the mail folder of particular prestashop and hence it works.

• 4 months later...

I have no problem creating the email template. I just create a copy of bankwire.html and bankwire.txt, rename the file example maybank.html and maybank.txt and put in the same directory, I can select the template straight away from the status setting.

• 2 years later...

I have no problem creating the email template. I just create a copy of bankwire.html and bankwire.txt, rename the file example maybank.html and maybank.txt and put in the same directory, I can select the template straight away from the status setting.

In order statuses, I see also, but what if I want to edit that template in locaizations->translations->modify section? I cannot see my renamed template there to modify