Fedex Shipping Module only shows Ground” as an option (unless free shipping)

I am using the Fedex Shipping Module but only “Fedex Ground” shows up as a shipping option in checkout. The other options I have configured are Fedex “Ground Home Delivery” and “Pick Up in-store.”

I have Free Shipping set at $300+ and, when that is the case, “Ground Home Delivery” will show up along with “Fedex Ground” (both at $0.00, of course).

I thought that the issue may have something to do with the way my account is set up through Fedex, that is- via the info received from their website that calculates my cost. But it that is the case, then why doesn’t “Pick Up in-store” appear as an option (regardless of cart total)? Also: Changing default carrier to “Ground Home Delivery” from “Fedex Ground” causes no change in behavior.

Any ideas as to what’s wrong?

Thanks, if you can help

post-262326-0-27818000-1336531814_thumb.jpg

Hi CarriedAwayCrafts,

FedEx configurations are handled through your FedEx account, you will want to check with them about anything not set the way you would like it to be.

As for the option to Pick Up in Store, please make sure you have all of your zones and price and weight ranges configured properly, or else it may not show up as an option for your customers depending on their cart contents.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike (and others),

I called Fedex Tech support and even allowed the Technician to remotely access my settings. He looked all around the Fedex Module and the Shipping tab but could not find anything that was wrong. His final assessment was that he thought that there should be a box that could be checked that says "This address is a residence" similar to what they have at the Fedex website, so that the "Fedex Home Delivery" fee schedule could be applied. He also said that if I am getting the "Ground" fees through my Fedex account, then I should be getting the other fees as well (home delivery, overnight delivery, etc.), but I cannot get anything to show up on the checkout screen except the Fedex Ground fee. I tested duplicate addresses using both my PS and by logging on to my Fedex account at Fedex.com - the calculated fees were identical, so I know that PS is, at least, pulling my rates through from Fedex. But Only The Ground Rates! Could this be a bug of some sort?

Thanks,

Tony

I went to bug reports and found that this issue was first reported about 6 months ago (but that it is still an unresolved issue).

Are there any plans to fix the Fedex module? I know that the developers are very busy, and I appreciate their work very much, but I've been shipping with Fedex for several years now, and would 'really' like to be able to continue doing so within prestashop.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi CarriedAwayCrafts,

I'd be happy to take a look at the bug report if you post a link, but this is very likely not a bug within our software because we do have tens of thousands of users shipping with FedEx on a daily basis without these sorts of issues. There is a good chance that this is actually a configuration issue within your Back Office, so you may want to make sure you've properly configured your weight and price ranges, as well as your shipping zones.

-Mike

post-262326-0-44133500-1337784449_thumb.jpgpost-262326-0-10493200-1337784450_thumb.jpg

There is a good chance that this is actually a configuration issue within your Back Office, so you may want to make sure you've properly configured your weight and price ranges, as well as your shipping zones.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for helping. I am not sure that I understand what I would need to configure in my weight and price ranges, and shipping zones since - with the Fedex module - prices are being gathered through the API. Here is the link to the bug report: http://forge.prestas...om/browse/PNM-6

I have included photos of my settings for Shipping tab and for Fedex Module.

And please note- that the correct shipping information comes through for Fedex 'GROUND' only. The only time that the other options will even register in the check out page is when the Free Shipping amount has been reached ... and then they are all, of course, zero.

Thank you again for your help.

post-262326-0-78128500-1337784450_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-45876200-1337784451_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-66708300-1337784452_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-55836900-1337784453_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-18473500-1337784454_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-94725300-1337784454_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-76638300-1337784455_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-37196700-1337784456_thumb.jpg

Mike-

Some quick follow-up information: I noticed that when I added expedited services in the Fedex Module General Setting, that those service are all now available in the check-out ... Except For 'Ground Home Delivery' ... which is the issue of the bug report and the service that I need to have available.

post-262326-0-51538600-1337785559_thumb.jpg

post-262326-0-19002800-1337785560_thumb.jpg

Hi CarriedAwayCrafts,

I have spoken with the developer originally assigned to this ticket, and he is going to take another look at this for you. I've provided him with a link to this thread with your various screenshots, but please be sure to monitor his progress on the Forge (click on the "Watch" button in the top-right corner of the page) to ensure you don't miss any updates or requests on his end as he works on this.

As I'm sure you saw, it was never fully investigated because the person who reported it never responded with the information necessary to replicate the error. If you respond to the requests in a timely matter, we can hopefully get this resolved for you relatively quickly!

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Actually, I did not noticed that the reason that it was never fully investigated was because the person who reported it never responded with the information necessary to replicate the error. Thank you for pointing that out. That's good information to know and I will try, diligently, to monitor the issue on forge.

Thanks again! It is good to know that we can get help like this.

Tony

I have spoken with the developer originally assigned to this ticket, and he is going to take another look at this for you. I've provided him with a link to this thread with your various screenshots, but please be sure to monitor his progress on the Forge (click on the "Watch" button in the top-right corner of the page) to ensure you don't miss any updates or requests on his end as he works on this.

Hi Mike,

I have been checking regularly on Forge, as you suggested, at http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM, but there has been no updates by the developer. I understand that he must be very busy but because it has been over a week since you spoke to him, I thought that I might check and see if you have, possibly, heard anything about his progress.

Thank you,

Tony

Hi Tony,

The developer is certainly aware of your issue, but he does have more than 50 other improvements, suggestions and bugs assigned to him at the moment, and he must work through them one by one. However, you are welcome to comment on the ticket again just to check in, because they tend to be more proactive on active tickets to try to avoid the sort of issue that led to this ticket never being fixed in the first place.

-Mike

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

It seems the issue of Ground Home delivery is still not fixed.

I just upgraded to 1.5.6 and getting the same issue that was reported 18 months ago...

However the file attached by Kagg works (hope there isn't a hacker backdoor in it), I don't understand why PS folks have not fixed this yet since it's been an issue for so long. There is a significant difference in price between ground and home and merchants charging ground but shipping home lose a ton of money on shipping.

Edited by claybourg (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It seems the issue of Ground Home delivery is still not fixed.

I just upgraded to 1.5.6 and getting the same issue that was reported 18 months ago...

However the file attached by Kagg works (hope there isn't a hacker backdoor in it), I don't understand why PS folks have not fixed this yet since it's been an issue for so long. There is a significant difference in price between ground and home and merchants charging ground but shipping home lose a ton of money on shipping.

Hi claybourg, can you try and see if the file that vzero left works for you? 

I just tried, yes that file works, it displays home delivery just fine.

That's very weird because vzero stated that he changed nothing in except the fedex logo.. 

Can you do me a favor and backup, copy and paste and replace it with the the official fedexcarrier.php located here, https://raw.github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/master/fedexcarrier/fedexcarrier.php

Does that work the same? I'm wondering because you said that when you download 1.5.6, the problem was still there. What is weird is that this module was updated 4 months ago (before the 1.5.6) release. 

Indeed.

I still had 1.3 saved, reinstated and did not work. Just to be sure I copy/past the code you gave me and same thing.

On the test I've done with 1.3 original shipping is FedEx ground about $10.

With 1.2 I was using or 1.3 from vzero, shipping is FedEx Home Delivery at about $13, which is what it should be.

Please make the following modifications in fedexcarrier.php for any version of prestashop:

1. Find the following line:

'recipient_state_iso' => $recipient_state['iso_code'],

Replace with:

'recipient_residential' => ($address->company != '' ? false:true),

2. Find the following line:

$request['RequestedShipment']['Recipient']['Address'] = array('StreetLines' => $wsParams['recipient_address1'], 'City' => $wsParams['recipient_city'], 'StateOrProvinceCode' => $wsParams['recipient_state_iso'], 'PostalCode' => $wsParams['recipient_postalcode'], 'CountryCode' => $wsParams['recipient_country_iso']);

Replace with:

quest['RequestedShipment']['Recipient']['Address'] = array('StreetLines' => $wsParams['recipient_address1'], 'City' => $wsParams['recipient_city'], 'StateOrProvinceCode' => $wsParams['recipient_state_iso'], 'PostalCode' => $wsParams['recipient_postalcode'], 'CountryCode' => $wsParams['recipient_country_iso'], 'Residential' => $wsParams['recipient_residential']);

The above code displays Ground home Delivery if no company name is associated with recipient address. I hope the above helps.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Please make the following modifications in fedexcarrier.php for any version of prestashop:

Replace with:

$request['RequestedShipment']['Recipient']['Address'] = array('StreetLines' => $wsParams['recipient_address1'], 'City' => $wsParams['recipient_city'], 'StateOrProvinceCode' => $wsParams['recipient_state_iso'], 'PostalCode' => $wsParams['recipient_postalcode'], 'CountryCode' => $wsParams['recipient_country_iso']);

Replace with:

quest['RequestedShipment']['Recipient']['Address'] = array('StreetLines' => $wsParams['recipient_address1'], 'City' => $wsParams['recipient_city'], 'StateOrProvinceCode' => $wsParams['recipient_state_iso'], 'PostalCode' => $wsParams['recipient_postalcode'], 'CountryCode' => $wsParams['recipient_country_iso'], 'Residential' => $wsParams['recipient_residential']);

The above code displays Ground home Delivery if no company name is associated with recipient address. I hope the above helps.

Great GUIDE! it works on prestashop 1.6 Thanks for this fix man! AWESOME! ;)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Replace with:

Replace with:

This works for me :).

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Replace with:

Replace with:

This helped add the necessary fees for residential addresses onto Fedex Ground for me. Thank you! 

I'm using PS 1.6 & Fedex carrier v.1.6.