purchased theme, installs but merges with default theme

Hi,

url is: aiko hyphen alani dot com

I purchased and installed a template after instlling prestashop 1.4.7.3

However, when I switch templates in my back office the new template doesnt appear properly.

The website combines elements of BOTH templates and it looks a mess! However the default template appears correctly until you change it. Once you have changed it and revert to the original it looks almost perfect except the Logo of the newer template remains!!!

Any suggestions please?? I am a complete newby with Prestashop and templates.

I have however managed to:

Created a MySQL DB on Linux webspace

Created a .htaccess file

Install Prestashop and configure/connect to the DB

Set all the folder permissions of the uploaded files

Upload the img/modules/theme files for the new theme

Followed advice from the template company to run dump.sql (a file I believe imports the template or makes necessary DB changes.)

I can try various suggestions provided they are explained adequately. Thanks in advance.

Additional Info:

Webhost is 1and1.co.uk

prestashop 1.4.7.3

templatemonster.com template ID: 38391

Hi aiko,

The biggest thing that stands out to me is that it looks like your theme has its own module on the home page, so please try disabling the Home Text Editor module in your Back Office to hopefully clear that up.

Please let me know if that works for you.

-Mike

Home text editor v1.6 by PrestaShop

A text editor module for your homepage

Now Disabled...

Activated the original theme, re-activated my purchased theme but same problem I'm afraid..

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly...

Home text editor v1.6 by PrestaShop

A text editor module for your homepage

Now Disabled...

Activated the original theme, re-activated my purchased theme but same problem I'm afraid..

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly...

I just pulled up your site again, but it looks very different. On my end, the default theme is still active on your site. Please try switching back to your theme and let me know how that looks. Also, please set Force Compile to Yes and Cache to No in your Back Office under Preferences > Performance to ensure you're seeing the latest version of your site.

-Mike

It looks like there are a lot of modules beyond the Home Text Editor which you'll want to deactivate in order to get the best look out of this theme. TemplateMonster could probably give you more information, but what I would do in this situation is go through using your browser's Inspect Element function to identify which modules should still be disabled.

-Mike

ok, so you are saying you think it is all installed properly and will be ok provided i disable certain modules that come with prestashop

rather than the TM ones?

ok, so you are saying you think it is all installed properly and will be ok provided i disable certain modules that come with prestashop

rather than the TM ones?

Yes, in that situation removing the unnecessary modules should take care of this for you.

-Mike

ok thanks. I was under the impression all the modules would work with each other. I didnt realise it would be a case of

only being able to have some installed depending upon which template I bought.. bit disapointing..

...or do you have the ability to move them around to various parts of the page??

I need a beginners guide :( lol

Mike - thanks for your help - I have it looking better already.

One last thing... why is the site still combining a mixture of images from the 2 templates. Original ipod images and lingerie images from the new template?!?

Hi aiko,

Compatibility is determined by the individual developer, which is why I suggested you contact TemplateMonster for more detailed assistance on their theme.

In terms of moving modules around, you should check out the Back Office Live Edit function under Modules > Positions. That will also help you easily identify which modules you may want to disable.

As for a beginner's guide, you can start here.

And in terms of your images question, the iPod images are sample products in your shop, which is why they're showing up. They are not theme-specific, and you are welcome to delete those through the Catalog tab of your Back Office.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Mike, cant thank you enough for your help..

Do you have time to answer whether or not I need to do as the prestashop warning says: Check your configuration

Required parameters: OK

Optional parameters: Please fix the following error(s)

• Allow the PHP fopen() function on your server