Paypal Refund Button has dissapeared from BO Order Page

Hi,

I have been using PS 1.4.7.3 with Paypal 2.8.6. There used to be a refund button in the customers order page in the BO.

I noticed that there was a new Paypal module (2.8.7) at Prestashop add-ons and so:

• Uninstalled and deleted Paypal 2.8.6
  • Uploaded adn installed 2.8.7

I got a php line error which prevented the modules page from reloading afterward.

So I,

• Deleted Paypal 2.8.7 from my ftp folder.
  • Re-installed Paypal 2.8.6

And now, the space between Customer Info and Shipping info in the BO order page no longer shows the paypal refund button. Its just a blank space.

How can I get this refund button back?

In case it matters. I also got an error today from a customers paypal transaction - Verification failure (using cURL). Returned: cURL error:SSL connection timeoutThe PayPal transaction could not be VERIFIED.

But I think this was resolved by re-doing (Generating) my SSL and htaccess

post-28174-0-31548200-1336206696_thumb.png

Edited by David @ gfe. (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am also getting the same issue. On 1.5.2.0 and paypal latest 3.5. I did an upgrade from 1.4.5.2 to 1.5.2.0.

The refund transaction in full button is gone and in order message, it no longer shows all the api data of that transaction. Any helps from Presta team please?

Prestashop Team,

I did fresh install of 1.5.2.0 and the Paypal module is still not displaying the Paypal Refund button and the API message in BO. In BO, under the order's Payment section, the Transaction ID of the payment is also not shown. I believe there should be some data here yea?

I believe this is a Paypal module bug because this is tested on a very fresh 1.5.2.0 using sample data products to perform test.

I don't want to waste time logging into Paypal website to refund the payment and update the status again in BO. I think this is a useless process. The Paypal Refund button should be back.

See attached.post-299893-0-52215900-1352357264_thumb.pngpost-299893-0-81400200-1352357267_thumb.pngpost-299893-0-05255300-1352357271_thumb.png

I got the last 2 images from older orders.

Edited by Pressed0024 (see edit history)

I have that same issue too, in 1.4.9.0. - I assume however that this is due to the recent changes Paypal made to their system, as the disappearance of the button coincided with their announcement of changes. Because after that, not only was the refund button missing, the long string of return messages the Paypal server sent (and posted in the order message field) was considerably shorter afterwards.

So is this due to the PS Paypal module not being up-to-date to the latest PP standard, or did Paypal simply remove this functionality altogether?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...