[SOLVED] How to disable carrier

I hope someone can help me with this problem because (yes I found other topics related to this problem, but could not figure it out or the version of prestashop is not the same) I would like to disable the carrier in the shop.

We do not use any carriers, and yet the customer can't continue without choosing a carrier.

Here is my details about the PrestaShop I am using:

PrestaShop version: 1.4.7.3

URL of my website: http://www.genncompsys.com/gennwinkel/Development/www.genncompsys.com/

I hope you guys can figure out what should be done, thanks in advance!

Hi Mike,

thanks for the fast response, we are selling products what has to do with ICT, I.E: Laptops, Desktops, parts, beamers etc.

But the prizes are allready including sending, we will be using the import function for products.

And most of the time we will be sending the products ourself and install it aswell.

thanks again!

Hi Mike,

thanks for the fast response, we are selling products what has to do with ICT, I.E: Laptops, Desktops, parts, beamers etc.

But the prizes are allready including sending, we will be using the import function for products.

And most of the time we will be sending the products ourself and install it aswell.

thanks again!

In this situation, the best thing to do would be to create your own carrier, configure it and set it for Free Shipping, all through the Back Office. This way, you won't need to mess around with the code but will still be able to accomplish this and make it simple for your users.

-Mike

Yeah well that is what I have at the moment, but then I get the following error: We do not have any carriers for this adress (or something like that)

These are my settings in carriers:

Shipping: Shipping costs: €0,- exl Tax

Free send from €0,-

Free send from 0 Kg

Carrier fee: Europe €0,-

Made one carrier called as our shop (Because we send and people can pick-up there products self)

Zones: Europe

States: *Can't insert Dutch States, it can't find netherlands*

Price range: €0,- till €9000,-

Weight range: 0Kg till 9000Kg

Hope you know how I can remove this error, else I still would like to remove this step!

(But people do need to accept and tick the policy box)

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

I hope someone can help me with this problem because (yes I found other topics related to this problem, but could not figure it out or the version of prestashop is not the same) I would like to disable the carrier in the shop.

We do not use any carriers, and yet the customer can't continue without choosing a carrier.

Here is my details about the PrestaShop I am using:

PrestaShop version: 1.4.7.3

URL of my website: http://www.genncomps...enncompsys.com/

I hope you guys can figure out what should be done, thanks in advance!

Hi, you can try this alternative method, too. This doesn't show any carrier at all:

http://www.learnprestashop.com/remove-carriers-from-prestashop-store-if-you-dont-need-it/

Edited by muktadir (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Well, this is an old thread. However, I would be very interested in knowing the alternative method which doesn't show any carrier at all.

Only the link is broken. Can somebody provide more info?

This is why:

I use Prestashop as a B2B-solution. We don't have one-time-only customers. we have relations with our customers for many years. The carrier and the fee for transport differ from one customer to another. Some customers have to pay. Some customers have free transport. Anyway, this all is stored and handled in our ERP system (we import the Prestashop order in XML format in our ERP system). So we don't want to bother the webshop customer with carriers, but we don't want to tell them that transport is free (because in many cases it is not). Just ignoring (not mentioning) the carrier module would be the best option for us.

Thanks in advance.

• 7 months later...

Well, this is an old thread. However, I would be very interested in knowing the alternative method which doesn't show any carrier at all.

Only the link is broken. Can somebody provide more info?

This is why:

I use Prestashop as a B2B-solution. We don't have one-time-only customers. we have relations with our customers for many years. The carrier and the fee for transport differ from one customer to another. Some customers have to pay. Some customers have free transport. Anyway, this all is stored and handled in our ERP system (we import the Prestashop order in XML format in our ERP system). So we don't want to bother the webshop customer with carriers, but we don't want to tell them that transport is free (because in many cases it is not). Just ignoring (not mentioning) the carrier module would be the best option for us.

Thanks in advance.

Hi WalTig! I also want completely disable the transport module, since our company is not responsible for the shipping. Each client seeks your product in our physical store.

You found a way to disable all transport?
From already thank you !!!!
Edited by CriterioNet (see edit history)