Standard theme (black and white)

Hello,

Not for the first time in the last sixty nine years I am confused! I was under the impression that version 1.4.7.3 came with the new standard black and white theme, as shown on the demo page on this site. I have just loaded the above version onto local host and it shows the old sea of grey theme.

I have looked at themes to download and there is a version (of the new theme) that is compatible with 1.4.5..... but nothing for 1.4.7.3.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Paul

P.S. I have posted this elsewhere, perhaps this is a better place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Mike,

Please forgive the delay in replying to you, I no longer seem to get notifications.

"We adapted it and released it early as a little gift to our community for version 1.4.5 and above."

I have no wish to be ungracious but, at times, coming onto these forums or 'contact the developer' is akin to doing what the woomera bird did. Really now, if someone gives me a little gift I don't expect them to take it back a few weeks later.

If your link is followed, or you go to that theme, it is indeed available for later versions of prestashop, but that availability has only happened in recent days.

Irrespective of my mood I really do appreciate free things.

Paul

P.S. It's still broken, not badly, but broken none the less.

Paul,

I apologize, but I have to strongly disagree with your statement regarding this theme. At this very moment, I have 8 different versions of PrestaShop between 1.4.5.1 and 1.4.8.2 running on my system, all of which are running this theme with no issues whatsoever.

This theme always has been and always will be compatible with every version of PrestaShop from 1.4.5 to our upcoming release of 1.5.

-Mike

Hi there.

I just joined the talk, because I have tried the theme with 1.4.6.2 Prestashop version.

I have some trouble with display, see my joined image.

No big deal, but some trouble.

Patrick.

post-101918-0-58502500-1337866609_thumb.jpg

Thank you Mike.

Is it logical to have first all the image of best sells (see top of the attached image) and then the name of the product for each image ?

No, and that should not be happening if you've properly configured all of your image dimensions. Can you please post a link to your site where we can see this for ourselves?

-Mike

No, and that should not be happening if you've properly configured all of your image dimensions.

Is that not right (see image attached)?

Is there any possible trouble due to the fact I have 2 module bestsellers... ?

post-101918-0-13969600-1337870000_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pat_07 (see edit history)

Hi Pat,

I apologize, I went ahead and looked into this further both on test sites and live sites, and that is in fact normal behavior for the default Top sellers module. If you want it to display differently, it will require some custom development or an external module to replace this one.

-Mike

• Like 1

... and that is in fact normal behavior for the default Top sellers module. ...

That seems a little strange but if it is the normal display...

I think I will try to change that with some development.

Anyway thank you very much for your time Mike.

Best from Patrick.

;;;that is in fact normal behavior for the default Top sellers module. If you want it to display differently, it will require some custom development or an external module to replace this one.

-Mike

Hi there.

I am just starting to make some development to change that normal behaviour.

My main problem is to know which files I need to modify to change it...

In modules directory, blockbestsellers.php, blockbestsellers.tpl, blockbestsellers-home.tpl, or may be a css file ?

That is probablty stupid question, but I can't see the use of each files.

Thank you for any help.

Best from Patrick.