I can't get past the Database configuration screen

Well, I have installed Prestashop before and have been successful. This time however, every time I get to the Database Configuration page, I fill in all the information and verify it. Prestashop says everything is fine and works properly. However, when I click next, it shows the same page. It doesn't get past the Database Configuration page and it doesn't say anything is wrong with what I have entered... What is going on? I need this to work, but it's not finishing the installation!

I have tried refreshing the page and starting the installation all over again, it just doesn't work.

Any suggestions guys?

I dont know if this helps but I'm currently writing articles on how to work with Prestashop including a full installation step by step. You can find it at How to make a webshop using Prestashop. I've answered the same in an other topic. I had no problem installing Prestashop so mayby this helps.

As i told the other guy: To be honest I think you are just using the wrong credentials. Why dont you ask your hosting company to help you out with this one?

WOW - just found the solution, it was very complicated and took hours of my life that I wil never get back.

My username was as follows:

usr_myname

and my Database name was:

dbs_mydatabasename

Changed them to usrmyname and dbsdatabasename and it worked!!!

Unbelieveable!!!!!!