[solved] Page not found error when trying to open Back Office

Hi - I've just installed Prestashop. I can view the Shop Front, but not the Back Office. I've now reuploaded the files 3 times trying to get this to work and am wondering if anyone can help with any solution other than uploading the files yet again...

Thanks!

Hi, no - its not a blank page. Its a 'Page not found' error, so it seems as though the page doesn't exist at all. We've just tried re-uploading and re-installing from a different pc with a different, highspeed internet connection - exactly the same result,

Thanks, Helen

I have the exact problem.

My temp domain/install is http://cp29.stablehost.com/~myname/ps. That's temporary until I repoint my domain.

When I go to http://cp29.stableho...name/ps/psadmin, I am redirected to http://cp29.stableho...direct=psadmin/ and shown a login form.

Upon login I am redirected to http://cp29.stableho...sadmin/psadmin/, which is an invalid page due to the additional /psadmin.

I wonder if the ~/myname is throwing things off. But alas I need to get this set up and working before I can point the real domain to it. Note that "myname" isn't the real name so this URL does not work.

(arrgh, tried to remove the hyperlink formatting but no dice)

Thanks elpatron - I'm getting my servers config 404, and yes - I am navigating to the renamed admin folder. I've certainly not set any permissions or protections on any of the folders - is it possible that the software could have?

In the meantime, things have got worse - I tried reuploading the install folder in case there was anything wrong with the files, and now I can't even access the basic Prestashop install page (www.apolloensemble.co.uk/prestashop) - I am getting 'Bad SubDomain SQL query'

Any ideas about any of this?

Helen

Thanks elpatron - I'm getting my servers config 404, and yes - I am navigating to the renamed admin folder. I've certainly not set any permissions or protections on any of the folders - is it possible that the software could have?

In the meantime, things have got worse - I tried reuploading the install folder in case there was anything wrong with the files, and now I can't even access the basic Prestashop install page (www.apolloensemble.co.uk/prestashop) - I am getting 'Bad SubDomain SQL query'

Any ideas about any of this?

Helen

Hi Helen, sorry you are still having problems. Without really seeing the files and structure...I can not even give you a good guess as to what has happened.

Which method are you using:

1. uploaded new release of ps

2. ran the installer on your remote site

or

1. installed on your localhost

2. ftp'ed up

Hi again - I downloaded the new release, uploaded it onto my site, then followed the instructions (from www.apolloensemble.co.uk/prestashop) to install it on my remote site.

Getting close to having to give up - is Prestashop usually this problematical to install?

Helen

Hi again - I downloaded the new release, uploaded it onto my site, then followed the instructions (from www.apolloensemble.co.uk/prestashop) to install it on my remote site.

Getting close to having to give up - is Prestashop usually this problematical to install?

Helen

It's pretty easy to install and a few minority do have problems. Maybe try providing more information to the questions by other members we could be of more help.

Hi - finally! Had one last go at reinstalling, and this time everything worked. Very strange as I hadn't done anything differently - the only thing that I can think is that one or more of the files had been partially dropped during the upload. All I have to do now is work out how to use it...

Many thanks for the advice,

Helen

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/12/2018 at 3:39 PM, Ankita-Palekar said:

Anyone still have issue in this problem then delete you install folder and rename admin folder. For me admin folder was renamed to admin5f234 because of which it was not redirecting

I had the same problem beacuse the folder was renamed.

I don't know which is the steps or the procedure that renames the folder.

However it is better to rename the admin folder.