[SOLVED] Pay with paypal or google checkout button doesn't work

Shay

When someone clicks on pay with paypal or google checkout its suppose to redirect somewhere but It goes to a page not found. I have configured both modules correctly but I can't seem to get this to work. Any suggestions?

site is www.snackphood.com/snackphoodstore

Hi Mike,

Version is 1.4.7.0. I recently had it installed by one of your developers. I checked that both are configured per tutorials and both are in real mode. I verified with paypal that the issue has not reached them. My paypal account has been tested and running correctly. The issue happens before it reaches paypal.

When you click on what payment method, whichever payment method is chosen it redirects to a page not found. From reading other post, there is suppose to be an order confirmation page where you chose Yes, I confirm this order or choose another payment option. I never see that page, I'm assuming that's the page where the redirect doesn't get too.

When you click on what payment method, whichever payment method is chosen it redirects to a page not found. From reading other post, there is suppose to be an order confirmation page where you chose Yes, I confirm this order or choose another payment option. I never see that page, I'm assuming that's the page where the redirect doesn't get too.

Who exactly installed it for you? I can check with him directly.

-Mike

I'm not sure but here's one of the emails....Hi,<br /><br />Actually, you have a strange behaviour when you try to access PHP file located in the modules folder.<br />For exemple one of our file return a 404 error : http://www.snackphood.com/snackphoodstore/modules/mp3downloadmagavenue/uploadProductFile.php<br /><br />But you have the same problem with the Paypal module or any kind of module. <br />http://www.snackphood.com/snackphoodstore/modules/paypal/paypal.php<br /><br />So, to resolve the problem, we copied the file uploadProductFile.php in the admin Folder (uploadProductFileMP3.php).<br /><br />I uploaded a song on the product available here : http://snackphood.com/snackphoodstore/product.php?id_product=10<br /><br />The song is named Magavenue.<br />You can listen to the music.<br /><br />

Please do not reply to this message using your e-mail client, we would not receive your message.

In order to reply, please use exclusively the following link: http://addons.prestashop.com/contact-community.php?token=4f69b2b951bbf

Thanks Mike,

I did try to contact the developer and they referred me to my hosting company, but to no avail. Hosting doesn't claim an issue, hence my frustration.

I'll be sure to look into this for you. Was the discussion you linked to above in response to a specific module or theme purchased on the Addons store?

-Mike

Yes.....the music player wasn't working...so he installed presta shop for me. I purchased an additional music player but when t developer installed presta shop the music player worked and I didn't need the other player.

I've uninstalled PrestaShop and reinstalled module and its still showing page not found. I've tested paypal and google checkout account and both are configured correctly. I've checked with my hosting company per the developer suggestion and hosting says its not a server issue. My paypal was working until one of your developers installed PrestaShop. I have been trying to get this issue fixed as I'm loosing money everyday that goes by. I also asked for a refund of additional music player and has not received any other contact for weeks. Can someone resolve this issue immediately.

Thanks

Hi Shay,

I spoke with a member of the Addons team, and he also (independently of both the original developer and this thread) identified it as a hosting issue because if you call a PHP file, it returns a 404 error. I will try to find out some more information for you, but for now that is the response I have been given.

In the meantime however, maybe you can provide me some additional information via PM which I can pass on to the team regarding this issue, such as your email address you use on the Addons store, the specifics on when PrestaShop was installed, including what you did to get our team to do it for you (this is not a service we usually offer) and anything else that could help me get to the bottom of this for you. And again, if you have any information on the specific developer who did your installation, that will significantly speed up the process.

If I cannot get an answer from our Addons team with more details, I will do what I can to get management to help us come to a resolution. However, I will need the information I requested above to get the ball rolling.

-Mike

Hi Shay,

As just confirmed over PM, this was a permissions-related issue, and has now been resolved by giving the module the appropriate permissions. I am going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved for you, and will continue to help you with your Addons issue over PM.

-Mike

The permissions for the paypal folder inside your store module....the permissions have to be set to 755 and not 644. Once that was changed, refreshed page and everything worked...as long as the configuration was correct too of course....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The permissions for the paypal folder inside your store module....the permissions have to be set to 755 and not 644. Once that was changed, refreshed page and everything worked...as long as the configuration was correct too of course....

Hi,

Could you please let me know how to find "the payal folder inside your store module" as I'm facing the same problem. Thanks. Faslie

Hi,

I changed the permissions to 755 and reset the configurations for paypal but I am still getting the following error when trying to use paypal:

AUTHORISATION TO PAYPAL FAILED

Please refer to logs:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-05-07T11:30:05Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  • PayPal returned error

Please help. My store is http;//meridiansupplements.com

My server details are:

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.7.3

Server information: Linux #5 SMP Thu Apr 19 15:57:29 CDT 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.2.17

MySQL version: 5.5.21-55

Please help. I've now read numerous forum posts but were unable to find the answer.

Thanks.

Faslie

Hi,

I changed the permissions to 755 and reset the configurations for paypal but I am still getting the following error when trying to use paypal:

AUTHORISATION TO PAYPAL FAILED

Please refer to logs:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-05-07T11:30:05Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  • PayPal returned error

Please help. My store is http;//meridiansupplements.com

My server details are:

Server information

Prestashop version: 1.4.7.3

Server information: Linux #5 SMP Thu Apr 19 15:57:29 CDT 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 5.2.17

MySQL version: 5.5.21-55

Please help. I've now read numerous forum posts but were unable to find the answer.

Thanks.

Faslie

Hi,

I solved my problem based on a number of different posts on this forum.

1. I set up cURL on my website.
  2. I uninstalled PayPal
  3. Removed API credentials from PayPal.
  4. Re-applied for API credentials on PayPal
  5. Re-installed PayPal module (with Sandbox set to Inactve)
  6. Inserted the password and other info correctly.
  7. Saved and it worked!!

Thanks!

Hi,

I solved my problem based on a number of different posts on this forum.

1. I set up cURL on my website.
  2. I uninstalled PayPal
  3. Removed API credentials from PayPal.
  4. Re-applied for API credentials on PayPal
  5. Re-installed PayPal module (with Sandbox set to Inactve)
  6. Inserted the password and other info correctly.
  7. Saved and it worked!!

Thanks!

Great, I'm glad you were able to resolve this, and thanks for sharing your solution!

-Mike