'Modules' page not present!

Hi david_king,

This is usually a memory issue with your hosting provider. If you give them a call and ask them to increase your memory_limit value (or increase it yourself if you have access to your php.ini file), then that should resolve this for you.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for that but my hosting service say that the php memory limit is set 20MB as default. It can't be updated using php.ini."

Do you think this could be the problem

Yes. Who is your hosting provider? Honestly, I've never heard of a default memory limit as low as 20M, usually its set to 32M and many hosts are willing to up it to 64M if you just ask.

If they refuse to increase it for you, I'd be happy to provide you with some hosting suggestions that are not only better suited to PrestaShop but will also give you a preferred rate for signing up through us.

-Mike

• Like 1

Thanks for that Mike. I have submitted a ticket to my host and demanded they up this memory...in the mean time if you have services that offer a good deal then I would be interested :)

My personal preference is HostGator because their support is very good as well, but any of the options here once you click "Choose a Hosting" at the bottom of the page should work better for you. Just make sure to click the direct link for a PrestaShop-specific rate!

-Mike

This was my response from my hostinf service:

Thank you for your query

Our apologies about this matter. Our shared servers are configured to have 20MB for PHP memory since the beginning. It can't be updated using php.ini file.

If you wish to cancel the account, you need to send a separate ticket to our Cancellations Department.

Feel free to send a letter to our Complaints Department using the postal address below.

Streamline.net

154 Southgate Street

Gloucester

GL1 2EX

United Kingdom.

Kind regards

The Streamline.net team - Web hosting made easy

Hi David,

I checked with a developer, and in your specific situation the fix I posted above should work, but in general, 20M is a very low maximum for the memory_limit value, and is likely to cause you issues in the future. Personally, I've never seen one lower than 32M, so I would definitely recommend that you still consider switching, even if the suggestion I posted above resolves your issue this time around.

-Mike

• Like 1