You can unhook the module. If you need part of the module working, you can copy the module to your themes/themename/modules folder. Then you can edit the module from there. Its basically a way of overriding modules.

• Like 1

Hi I've unhooked the account modules, I only have the My Account Block within the left hand column. I still have the links to "your account" and "cart" within the header. I'm unsure if these are part of a module as I they aren't highlighted within Live edit. Not sure if I have to comment them out of the header.tpl file, but not sure how

Thanks

an easy way to find out what module you need to change using your front office display,

-browse to page that has the display you want to change

-view source

-find the text

-look just above it to find the preceding <!-- Block 'something' module --> (you now know who is displaying the text you want to change)

for what you are looking to change, my guess it's in permanent block module and block user information

Hi,

OK, that did it thanks, force compile was on. I un-hooked "block user info" from the "top of pages module". The description of which says "Adds a block that displays information about the user" which is why i didn;t think it removed the "your account" and "cart" link.

Thanks guys