Displaying a price range in product listing?

I'm building a prestashop for a perfume retailer

Perfume comes in various volumes eg 40ml 60ml 100ml etc

I have put a few test products in

http://www.f8creating.com/fragrancehouse/

Take "Jimmy choo eau de toilette" as an example

the price displayed in the product listing is £34

this is the price for the 40ml bottle

If you click on the item you will see that I have used combinations to give the option to choose the other sizes of bottle (60ml at £44 & 100ml at £58)

What the client has requested is basically what debenhams has

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigate?ps=&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&x=0&y=0&txt=jimmy+choo

You can see that the price for the product is displayed in the listing as £34-£58

when the product is clicked on, the potential customer can then choose from a drop down the bottle size required much the same as the prestashop combination's works

my question though is, Is it possible for prestashop to display the price range in the way debenhams does?

eg "£34-£58" in the product list?

also, is it possible for this price range to be reflected in the "filter" I understand that this is a third part mod and i will probably need to contact them specifically but thought it worth asking here anyway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are yet to solve this problem

The client is after it but has agreed it can wait ... It would just be nice to be able to do something for him sooner rather than later

Might it be possible to hack it to do it?

• 2 weeks later...

My solution for this was to put the word "from" before the price ...

to do this I edited line 43 in prduct-list.tpl

I put a span inside the price span like so:

<span class="price" style="display: inline;"><span class="from">From:</span> {if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}</span>

then styled it like so:

ul#product_list li .price .from {
font-size: 0.7em;
color:#777;
}

Its not ideal ... but anything else just isnt within the project budget for now

If someone can come up with a module to do the "34.00-£55.00" type price im sure you could make a few quid ... we would certainly buy it!

Edited by hamish (see edit history)

just to add to this ... I also commented out the "add to cart" button in product-list.tpl and the homefeatured.tpl in the home featured mod ...

that way the potential customer has to view the product before they can add it to cart therefore having the choice to see the variations in price before being able to add it to cart ...

Hope that makes sense ...

the last two posts are the best solution i can come to in lieu of actually being able to display a "34.00-£55.00" type price

for editing the tpl files mentioned this should give enough clues

http://www.prestasho...-to-cart-button

Edited by hamish (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I think to use temporary solution like entering base price (min) in product "Retail price" field and max price in "Pre-tax wholesale price" field and then amend product-list.tpl to show the range based on these fields.

I understand that this is dummy solution, that stats could be broken etc. But yet no other solution available.

Please share your thought if any.

Regards,