Opinions on website please

simpson7647

I use Chrome and I can see a few problems:

1. There are 2 footerlink menus.

2. On the product page there is a massive white gap at the bottom of the page.

3. You have a logo detailing SSL usage, but it doesn't look like you have activated ssl in the preferences.

4. This isn't Prestashop related, but you need to check UK trading laws as your breaking some (Sale of Goods Act, Distance Selling Regs PM me if you need more details).

5. You only have only have one language, so theres no need to have the language block installed.

6. Need to proof read as there are typos.

Thank you for the reply.

1)O yeah, there are 2 footerlink menus, how do I delete one please?

2) Which product page are you referring to please with the white gap you mention?

3) The SSL Is only on the check out page I believe?

4) This seems to be the most important part but where am I breaking the Uk trading Laws? More details will be great.

5) English is the only language I require so please let me know how I can delete this?

6) I'll have a read.

Thanks,

Hi,

I've entered your website and it shows that your Facebook Like box doesn't work. You could also have some more visible contact information on the right side of your header. It gives confidence to your customers.

Can I ask you to test a prestashop module? It's a free widget that allows your visitors to promote your shop and products on Facebook. Thank you.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Ohh what does the facebook button look like for you please and it seems to work okay for me.

What do you think I could do to make the contact info more visible as that's a good idea.

Having the email address on display etc.

Maybe even a block at the top of the website along side the logo? How could that be done please.

That widget sounds good,

many thanks,

Hi all, just after a little more feedback but it's for one part of the website.

Please go to the website and can you let me know if the FACEBOOK LIKE BUTTON on the right works for you.

Please state yes or no and what country and browser your using.

Thanks!

Good morning, just a couple of things I've spotted:

Seach box doesn't give any results.

When I click on your top nav tabs: Specials, New Products, Top Sellers, all I get is blank pages. I am sure visitors would like to see something there.

Clicking on the SSL seal gives me nothing.

It would be good to see something like a contact button under the search bar.

On your contact us page you have two email addresses that do not have a link.

And I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes.

Apart from that it looks OK

Paul

• Like 1

Thank you Paul for the input.

Currently no sales have been made on the website so I guess best idea is to disable specials, new products and top sellers for now?

The SSL Seal was set up some time ago but now it's just an image, how would I be able to link it please?

Yeah I was hoping to add a box at the toop under the search bar including email address etc but is there anyway to do this? Module or anything?

What do you mean about the contact us page please as Ive just tested it and it works.

I've had a look through for spelling mistakes the other day so must be missing them, any particular pages please?

The homepage text will all be changed too.

What can I do regarding the search bar please as I would have thought that should work like normal?

Many thanks for your time Paul.

Good Morning again, just to answer your questions:

Facebook works ok for me.

I should not worry if you have not had any sales, you can still add products to your special, top seller pages.

If you have an SSl logo then it must link to the SSl company, if not it looks a bit dodgy. I would ask the forum in a seperate topic to get the answer.

Regarding the Contact Us page: Sorry, I meant, when you click on Site Map > About Us it gives two email addresses that are not clickable. I find that people are lazy if they have to copy and paste an email address into their email client. Perhaps you could just put a link to the contact page.

As for the spelling mistakes, goto Sitemap > Delivery there you will see SLEVE I assume it should read SLEEVE.

The search bar problem is another one for the experts on the Forum.

One of the big things about an ecommerce website is that everything needs to work otherwise prospective customers get irritated and leave.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Paul

Many thanks indeed for your input Paul.

How could I have images added to the specials and top sellers page without anyone purchasing anything though?

I've removed the SSL As I only have part of the website protected (the checkout stage) and look to add advertisement there.

Thank you, I will change 'about us'

Thank you very much Paul, much appreciated.

Good morning,

For the Top Sellers, as soon as you sell something it will automatically become a Top Seller.

The Specials you can do yourself: As you know you start with a category and then add a product + image, next to the image TAB is the PRICES Tab, click this and click "add new specific price" follow the instructions and this will automatically become a special in your shop front.

Hope this helps

Paul

I'm wondering if you Paul or anyone can help regarding my website,

In the foglight category, theres 5 products.

All display correctly apart from 'dark blue' and 'light blue'.

If you see on those pages, the very right side of the images as well as text has been cut off, why is this please and how can i correct it?>

Thanks,