Difficulties (email didn't send, installation halted, can't login)

I have tried to install prestashop for about 5 times now. None of them get me to the back office. The first install won't ptroceed to step 5. The second install is completed but I couldn't login so I started a fresh install in a new domain.

The 3rd and 4th installs halted at step 4 and in all those 5 installs including installation 5, email sending didn't work.

I'm a little bit desperate now but I'm still willing to use prestashop since there is a lot of recommendations out there.

So the first thing is, how can I get the email sending working? I've configured the SMTP exactly like my Thunderbird configuration. The configuration is as follows:

smtp server: smtp.gmail.com

encryption: TLS

port: 587

login: (i've tried both "[email protected]" and "name". none works)

sending test email didn't work..

any suggestions?

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Was this issue ever resolved? I went through the whole faffy installation process until I got green ticks throughout but when I try to log-in I apparently don't exist. The similarity here is that I clicked the test email button, nothing arrived (didn't know how long I should leave it or if it had been filtered into spam) but it did let me proceed and finish the installation. Alas, can't use it!