SEO - Where do I put backlinks in prestashop?

Hello there,

I am currently working on SEO for my website. I have submitted my site to many directories etc. but I cannot for the life of me work out where to put the reciprocal links that some sites need to add me.

I posted on another forum and explained that I have tried the links block and also tried to add a links page to my CMS block but the sites are not picking up the links from either solution. I was told that I could put my links in footer.tpl.

I have looked at footer.tpl but have no idea where to place the backlinks in here!

Does anyone have any experience using the footer.tpl for backlinks that could point me in the right direction? I have been trawling through forums for the past few days and feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa.

www.lisas-luxuries.co.uk

• Like 1

Lisa,

Love the site =) You should be able to place those links in a link block, cms, footer, or on your menu bar .... more importantly you should be focusing on getting a few quality links

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/reciprocal-linking-seos-longstanding-contradiction/7194/

in which case a directory submission most likely won't be what you are looking for.

Thanks for the reply Mikehawk1. So when a directory asks me to put a link to their site for me to get listed, is this a waste of time? I don't know where to put the links in my footer.tpl. The only way I could get links to show properly were through a link block. Would I be looking at linking with other fashion orientated blogs? I obviously don't want to link to sites that have the same items as me.

Thanks for the compliment on the site also, I wanted something clean looking and uncluttered. I'm very new to website building and I've had lots of problems along the way. My new problem as you can see is SEO (which I also know nothing about). I'm promoting locally and getting lots of interest through social networking but having trouble attracting traffic from outside my social network. I am absolutely nowhere in google (or other big search engines) and I'm not sure how to get in the rankings.

I won't give up though, I'll keep going however long it takes :)

Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately good seo can take months. If you're getting great traffic from your social media thats excellent. This can always lead to natural backlinks, from real people endorsing your products and services, which is pretty much the holy grail.

Google likes quality content. They don't like you 'playing the game'. I'm not sure which directories etc you're referring to but they're often not worth the hassle. A link from a good website within your niche is worth thousands of junk links.

Just stick with it, its a marathon not a sprint. If you can get some sort of newsletter going thats very useful, maybe a blog too, even if its on something like Tumblr to talk about your stuff and link back to your site is worthwhile and generate interest.

I'd also recommend getting involved with forums/groups for your niche too. Put your business in your signature, engage with people about your subject. This all sounds like mumbo jumbo but it works, and is the 'right' way to go about it.

Thats enough babbling from me... hope that helps!

Mark

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, I read that unique content that links back to your own page helps. Also, allowing customers to comment on your products is supposed to help as this is user generated content. I'll look into blogging (I don't know where I will find the time!). I didn't realise how big a challenge I had taken on when I decided to do this.

I'll keep with it. Thanks for the advice :)

Its definitely a daunting task! But the marathon not a sprint way of thinking really applies :)

Unique content back to your products does definitely help, its all about the weight or Page Rank google gives to that content. If say I set up a Tumblr blog and linked to your site, Google would note it, but not pay it much attention because my blog was only recently set up and isn't really an authority in lady's underwear ;P

Whereas, if lets say for example Ann Summers suddenly linked to your store (good luck with that!) Google would take notice, because it thinks 'well if Ann Summers thinks this site is good then it MUST be good!'.

So a link with value is worth so much more than just random links scattered around. They add up, but you time would be better spent creating great content/products/sales etc that people will be interested in, and this then all comes naturally :)

Good luck!

• 2 years later...