Duplicate A prestashop site on another domain

I want to know if there is a way to make an exact duplicate of my site one another domain. i have tried but i cant figure it out. I have a few domains and would like to use the prestashop i have already built and put it on a few domains and making minor changes like logos name etc. doe anyone know how to do this. please let me know.

thanks

• Like 1

Hi,

don't activate the canonical redirection in SEO&URLs tab in the first prestashop.

copy all files and database and put it on your new server. change settings in config/settings.inc.php file to configure your access to the new database.

• Like 1

From Existing site:

• obtain a sql dump of your existing shop (typically via phpmyadmin)
  • download your production site root (ftp the existing root directory to your local machine).

For New Domain

• create a new db on the new domain, remember to note your useid/pwd/servername/database name
  • ftp up your existing shop to the new domain root
  • via phpmymysql import your existing shops sql dump to your new domain
  • edit your config/settings.inc.php mysql parms and change the values to those from your db create (see code below)
  • ftp up your modified config/settings.inc.php to the new domain
  • navigate to your back office and sign in using your old site credentials
  • preferences-->seo and url's-->scroll down and change the 'shop domain name' and 'shop domain name ssl' to your www.yournewdomainname.com
  • now navigate to your front office, you site should appear.

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'YOURSERVERNAME');
define('_DB_USER_', 'YOURUSERID');
define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'YOURDBPREFIX_');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'YOURDBPASSWORD');

Notes: the new domain hosting must support prestahop, as you don't run the installer prestashop can not check the hosting environment for compatibility.

I don't know why numbering or bullets do not display in this post. Looks much better in the editor.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Hello Elpatron,

Thank you so much for the good instruction.

I did exactly what is written and I duplicate my shop. But I have some strange problem that my new shop with new domain is always somehow linked to my old shop. For example: if i chane the SEO&URL confirguration in the new shop, all these changes affact the same also in my old shop. What did I do wrong or gorgot to change???

Hello Elpatron,

Thank you so much for the good instruction.

I did exactly what is written and I duplicate my shop. But I have some strange problem that my new shop with new domain is always somehow linked to my old shop. For example: if i chane the SEO&URL confirguration in the new shop, all these changes affact the same also in my old shop. What did I do wrong or gorgot to change???

getting close!...without looking at your new shop I can only guess.

so you can navigate to your new site url, yes?

but when you click on some/all links you are taken back to your ogiginal url, yes? (tell me if some or all)

typically this is a result of hard coded urls in menus...which are not ps compliant but do work in a single domain environment.

Hi Elpatron,

Thanks for prompt reply. Your guess almost right. I use Menu Julien Breux.

But I rather show you my two sites:

1) original website www.thermdeluxe.de

2) new duplicated site.thermexclusive.de

If I take changes in new shop, first I sam is the warning message:

Your are currently connected with the following domain name: thermexclusive.de

This one is different from the main shop domain name set in "Preferences > SEO & URLs": www.thermdeluxe.de

But if I change the domain name in new shop. It affact also my original shop. Especially all CMS files.

Any idea? Mayby I forgot to change something in database??

But where can I appoint my new database to my new domain???

'_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost' was also in original website.

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/');

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_1_', '');

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_2_', '');

define('_MEDIA_SERVER_3_', '');

define('_PS_CACHING_SYSTEM_', 'MCached');

define('_PS_CACHE_ENABLED_', '0');

define('_THEME_NAME_', 'velvetsky');

define('_DB_NAME_', 'xxxxxxxxxxexclusive');

define('_MYSQL_ENGINE_', 'InnoDB');

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');

define('_DB_USER_', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx');

define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');

define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx');

define('_DB_TYPE_', 'MySQL');

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', '0UYh0FL3YsfNzHwo7Ma3iEtwVqXkoVhUs7VuagGOSM1GWcLRKPQNW01vztNCOHNd');

define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'XeLNmsAA');

define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2012-08-23');

define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', '3x38pjoPV9gS7xTssYNsyIuzzqB5R4JH');

define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'dlD6cMS9SHjUQCKM');

define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.4.8.2');

the reason I suspected the wrong database is because you stated:

"But if I change the domain name in new shop. It affact also my original shop. Especially all CMS files. Any idea? Mayby I forgot to change something in database?"

That is still my only guess...if you want me to take a closer look then pm me back office and ftp credentials.

as for seo and url message:

do you have canonical redirect set to yes on your 2nd domain? i.e. handling of www and non www url

10.09.2012-12.21.52.png

http://screencast.com/t/zTEfgkltur

if you enter your back office without the www, you will receive:

Your are currently connected with the following domain name: thermexclusive.de

This one is different from the main shop domain name set in "Preferences > SEO & URLs": www.thermdeluxe.de

so don't do that...or just ignore it.

I removed the SSL you had: thermexclusive.de

Everything looks fine to me now.

suerte

• 1 month later...

I copied 1.5.2.0 to new domain. I change in "new" (copy) database domain name to new name, change in settings.inc.php connect to new database. Web is going, but when I ordering so after click to I confirm my order (step 5) follow page write:

--------

Server Error

On loading address http://www.newdomain.com/index.php?fc=module&module=cashondelivery&controller=validation&id_lang=1 is error. On this address maybe pages are bad configuration.

Protocol error HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error): In attempt desideratum to get on server to unexpected problem.

--------

Page should be http://www.zidlezidle.cz/index.php?controller=order-confirmation?key=0cfece10d7de46f8051b71dc845d48f8&id_cart=47&id_module=103&id_order=4, but it is http://www.newdomain.com/index.php?fc=module&module=cashondelivery&controller=validation&id_lang=1

Order is write to admin, but email doesnt get.

Some advise, please.

• 1 year later...

Please Am new to prestashop and Am having this problem

I want to start my own e-commerce website and can not afford to employ people to upload products for Me so now I want to duplicate another e-commerce website on my website and customize it to prevent duplicates on Google and to make it look completely different but I do not know how to go about it. Please I need your help as I do not have to inform them since they will take it as helping a potential competitor. 

Please Am new to prestashop and Am having this problem

I want to start my own e-commerce website and can not afford to employ people to upload products for Me so now I want to duplicate another e-commerce website on my website and customize it to prevent duplicates on Google and to make it look completely different but I do not know how to go about it. Please I need your help as I do not have to inform them since they will take it as helping a potential competitor. 

Hi, what countries would the new shop sell to?

Hi, what countries would the new shop sell to?

I want to sell and operate in Nigeria though I also have plans to ship to other countries mostly African countries but I can not afford to employ extra hands to help Me with uploading of products hence my reason for seeking for ways to either duplicate another website and customize it's content or to import products from another ecommerce site. I would have loved to contact them but I was adviced against that as I was a potential competitor hence the reason why they won't let Me to. I know I can afford to maintain and update the site on my own or with some staffs at a latter time when I have the budget for that.

Edited by baba2000 (see edit history)

if other sites have same product you are going to sell...then in all honestly it's just a matter of copy and pasting...

no better time to get started than now...

it would not be considered duplicate content if the product is sold by many...

Sir what I mean is that the other ecommerce sites do not belong to Me. I just want to start mine and Am looking for an easier way to fill my site with products hence my reason for seeking for ways to either duplicate another ecommerce site or to import products from another site's ecommerce site as I can not afford to employ extra hands now to help me with the uploads of products

• 1 year later...

I have been trying to duplicate my site, niorigi.co.ke, to my computer.

I followed the instructions set out by El Patron.

When i access it via localhost and try to login it fails.

The appearance of the login screen is also different - it has less graphics and text aligned to the left side

The error message is: 

There is 1 error.
  1. The Employee does not exist, or the password provided is incorrect.

• 2 months later...