[SOLVED] Customer loyalty and rewards - how are points calculated?

Hello,

I have a question regarding the "Customer loyalty and rewards" module (1.8, Prestashop 1.4.6.2).

Let's say I have set up a ratio of 10 money units = 1 point. One of the items costs 17 money units. If the customer buys one piece it gets 1 point. If he puts 2 items in the cart (total value 2 x 17 = 34) he gets 2 or 3 points? On my Prestashop he gets 3, but on other i saw that only 2 are given.

How is it right? Does my online shop has problems?

Sorry, Mike, I just saw that I made an error - English is not my native language.

I wanted to say that on my site it gives 3 loyality points to the customer, but on ohter Prestashop-based shops (not owned by me), it gives only 2. I want to know how it is correct.

Sorry, Mike, I just saw that I made an error - English is not my native language.

I wanted to say that on my site it gives 3 loyality points to the customer, but on ohter Prestashop-based shops (not owned by me), it gives only 2. I want to know how it is correct.

Do you have a link to those other sites? And have you confirmed that they are using the exact same module? The one you're using does not give you any sort of rounding option, but maybe whatever they are using does.

-Mike

Of course I cannot know what module other sites use, that's why I put my question: how is it normal for the module, to give 2 or 3 points. Actually the question could be put on other way: are points calculated by value of each item or by total of the order?

Of course I cannot know what module other sites use, that's why I put my question: how is it normal for the module, to give 2 or 3 points. Actually the question could be put on other way: are points calculated by value of each item or by total of the order?

It's actually not especially difficult to determine this using the inspect element and view page source functions of your browser, as PrestaShop's structure makes it easy to determine what modules are being used. This is important because those sites could be using a completely different module, so whatever you are using may have a completely different set of rules on how it is calculated or rounded.

Your module should be calculating these based on the total of the order, but if you'd like to post your URL I'd be happy to try to take a look at this for you a little more closely.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike, I have been running my siote for a month and installed and configured the 'Rewards' loyalty point module.

Customers have now contacted me becuase they have points but the voucher is not validated. I have configured everything according to your guide and set the voucher to validate on shipping but nothing happens.

How can I validate and issue vouchers please?

Many thanks, Dave

http://www.intellicig-electronic-cigarettes.co.uk/

• 8 months later...