Items not adding to cart in IE, Chrome

Hello, i hope i have posted this in the right place.

I have made a website www.curiositycorner50.com,

Everything is working fine in firefox but when i try in IE and Chrome items will go over to the cart but when you go to view the cart or checkout the items disapere and says my cart is empty.

Any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Anthony

Hi Mike many thanks for your responce.

It will let you add the items to the cart fine, however it is when you go to checkout, it clears the cart empty.

I did try to clear the cache but unfortunately still the same.

Any other suggestion?

Best Regards

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I just added a product to my cart in Chrome with no issues. Can you please try clearing your browser's cache and let me know if you continue to have this issue?

-Mike

Hi Mike many thanks for your responce.

It will let you add the items to the cart fine, however it is when you go to checkout, it clears the cart empty.

I did try to clear the cache but unfortunately still the same.

Any other suggestion?

Best Regards

Anthony

Neat program you used to demonstrate, I took the time to download it please view the link http://screencast.com/t/NAhTgktIbz0o

Best Regards

Anthony

Yes, I'm a huge fan of that application. Unfortunately, even following the exact steps you took in your video I was unable to replicate this error, as you can see here.

I also tried it in Internet Explorer, and once again encountered no issues.

This appears to be an issue restricted to your system. Can you please go to your Back Office under Preferences > Performance and turn Force Compile on, turn Caching off, and then try this again for me?

-Mike

Yes, I'm a huge fan of that application. Unfortunately, even following the exact steps you took in your video I was unable to replicate this error, as you can see here.

I also tried it in Internet Explorer, and once again encountered no issues.

This appears to be an issue restricted to your system. Can you please go to your Back Office under Preferences > Performance and turn Force Compile on, turn Caching off, and then try this again for me?

-Mike

It was actually a client who i made this for and it was one of there customers who pointed the issue out to them who then informed me.

I did as you asked see here http://screencast.com/t/SlRyCpaRZ

Regards

Anthony

Unfortunately, without being able to replicate the error it's difficult for me to offer a potential solution, and I did check with one of our developers and he had no issues checking out following the same steps as we both have done already.

Can you please open your config/config.inc.php file via FTP, set "display_errors" to "on" and then try this again and let me know if you get any error messages?

-Mike

Unfortunately, without being able to replicate the error it's difficult for me to offer a potential solution, and I did check with one of our developers and he had no issues checking out following the same steps as we both have done already.

Can you please open your config/config.inc.php file via FTP, set "display_errors" to "on" and then try this again and let me know if you get any error messages?

-Mike

I have set the error msg to "on" but there is no messages displayed http://screencast.com/t/h8gsixoyvp

-Mike

Could i ask what version of IE you are viewing in?

• 1 month later...

I had this problem also.. My solution:

When testing in Firefox and Chrome there are no problems when putting products in the shopping cart, even checkout is allowed. On the other hand the Internet Explorer wil not accept any products added to the shopping cart, and certainly no checkouts. So be sure to put your shop in live mode using the Internet Explorer..

"Enable the Shop" -> Back Office -> Preferences -> Enable Shop!

Works fine for me! ^_^