Signature links and links in post has bin nofollowed why?

Im am where active help people on this forum, one of the main reasons i do this is due to the linkjuice i get from the signature links, im sure many others feel the same way - now thatyou have nofollowed the links i see little benifit in helping others.

There is no harm in dofollowing them - it doesnt hurt prestashop.com, so why have them no followed, why not let the free helpers around these forums get the benifit of linkjuice for there work promoting prestashop, and prestashop forums as one of the most active ecermerce forums around?

If others fell the same way please help to keep the topic up and running to catch prestashops attention regarding this :)

Hi Timpet,

Links on the PrestaShop forum have always been nofollow, not just since last week's update. This forum is a community resource, not a platform for self-promotion.

We do this due to the number of spammers and link builders who's sole purpose for posting on this site is to promote some external service, usually having nothing to do with PrestaShop or software in general.

If you provide good content and are helpful here on the forums, you will be able to generate business from your presence, but all links always have been, and always will be, nofollow on the PrestaShop forums.

-Mike

They have bin dofollow, since my product have nothing to With prestashop i gain nothing by promoting. A's you see i posted over 1000 posts so clearly i help people here.

I understand that spammers are not welcome and thet should not be, but nofollowing the hole community?

One of the main Reasons i help people is for the links. People WHO sell prestashop stuff gain from it, but others are not allowed to gain from it?

Why do i know it has bin dofollow in the past? Because it checked before making my link back in 2010. Otherwise wasting the time Placeing link i useless.

Hi Timpet,

I've confirmed this directly with PrestaShop's Founder and CEO, who created the software and also set up these forums back in 2007, and the PrestaShop forums have in fact always been nofollow.

It is certainly unfortunate that you feel this way about your purpose on this forum, especially considering the valuable contributions you've made over the last two years. However, this is not something we ever have nor ever will change.

All of us are here for one purpose, to learn more about PrestaShop and help others looking for advice, assistance or just another set of eyes on a new source. As I said above, this forum is a community resource, and not an advertising platform.

-Mike

• Like 2

Mike i know what i recall. Allso the links used to be in yahoo siteexplore, and my local backlinkschecker. They are not in there anymore (yahoo siteexplore has closed). It has bin dofollow, im am 110% sure of this! Offcouse not all of my motivation came from the linkjuice, but part of it did, i will not lie about this.

That being sayed, community helpers who are selling prestashop products gain alot of the advertisement from helping on the forum (signature links) - thats there motivation! Tomerg3 how liked you post is one of the people gaining big time from the advertisement he made in his signatur. I my self bouhgt one of his modules learning about it in the signature.

It allso seems that im the only one that fell this way in the english part of the community. Clearly you made your point and i fell the wind to my face - nofollow it is.