[SOLVED] Can't buy with Crome and Firefox

Hi all,

I discovered a big problem a few days back. When a customer uses Firefox or Google Chrome he can't place an order. The products are put in the basket, bus when he wants to pay or view the basket it will appear empty. I can't figure out what the problem is and i hope you can help me?

I am currently using 1.4.6.2 (I updated to try if it would go away, but the problem is still here). When i'am using Safari or IE there are no problems!?!?

I reallllllly hope that someone can help me.

Greetings,

Charlene

Hi mike,

I'am sorry to border you again, but i now have a problem with Internet Explorer. I have tried your solutions that you gave in the order forums but nothing seems to work. The site is now live and a friend of my told me she saw this problem. I work on a iMac so i have no Internet Explorer, but i saw the problem on an other laptop also.

You can see it if you have internet explorer on www.uniekeiphone.nl I'm really sick of this problem. Every time i think it is ready it will give me more problems. I really hope you can give me some advice.

Greatings

Char

Hi Char,

This is due to issues with Internet Explorer specifically, not with PrestaShop. Basically, IE has become outdated as a browser, and cannot support the number of CSS calls that websites such as PrestaShop requires.

We have developers working actively on creating overrides for users who visit PrestaShop sites using IE, but they need to make sure that they are not limiting the software on more modern browsers such as Chrome and Firefox.

So while this is a delicate issue, we are actively working on developing a custom solution for IE users.

-Mike