Category Tree not showing in Admin Panel

Hi everyone,

I got a "small" problem concerning the category tree display in the admin panel - mainly in sections like image mapping or under the product details. where there should be the whole cat-tree showin is only one entry (see image).

the cataloge itself looks fine and works 100% on the front end, just those select trees are gone.

I checked and double checked the categories in the database and everything is looking fine, I am a little running out of options. Categories are imported into the database but so far this has worked without any problems (as I said frontpage and backend cataloge are working 100%)

maybe someone has an idea to help me?

thanks in advance

Michael Stratmann

6202_jRJ16l1k2mJaD455e9AY_t

• 7 months later...

have you solved your problem? I have a similar problem. In sitemap and the actual categories block in the frontend of the shop everything is fine. On the backend i see all the categories ( more than 400 now) and have 5 levels of categories. But in the admin backend some third level categories show in the list as second level and so on .. and its a bit difficult to arrange the products because of this.

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem, even with `level_depth` correctly set, some categories were displayed chaotically.
In my case, it turned out that the images that depict the tree branch for the level had not been created.

I created the appropriate images in img/admin/ ->lv7_b.gif, lv7_f.gif and the display is now correct.
This only happens when playing around with the categories (reassigning the parent), still upon the regular creation from the admin interface seems to run fine.

• 8 months later...

I had the same problem, even with `level_depth` correctly set, some categories were displayed chaotically.

In my case, it turned out that the images that depict the tree branch for the level had not been created.

I created the appropriate images in img/admin/ ->lv7_b.gif, lv7_f.gif and the display is now correct.

This only happens when playing around with the categories (reassigning the parent), still upon the regular creation from the admin interface seems to run fine.