Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 20 seconds exceeded

Hi , I have an error on my page : Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 20 seconds exceeded in /domains1/******/public/www_root/obchod/backoffice/tabs/AdminTranslations.php on line 421 . I am getting this error when I want to translate modules . Can you help me ? Thank you very much

Hi hrac,

This is a hosting related issue, as your server is currently configured to wait 20 seconds to complete any request, and if not completed by then you receive a timeout error (even if it would have completed in 21 seconds). If you give your hosting provider a call and ask them to increase your max_execution_time value to 60 seconds, that should resolve this for you.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 1

Hi hrac,

Who is your hosting provider? That's pretty strange for them to refuse to do so, especially when 20 seconds is the default value. If they're not willing to edit that value for you in your php.ini file, I would honestly recommend that you consider switching hosts, and can even provide you a link to a preferred rate with one of my personal favorite hosting providers.

-Mike

To be perfectly honest, not much. While most sites shouldn't ever take 20 seconds to load under normal conditions, that limit is far too low for a time when you have a lot of traffic or your hosting server is trying to handle a heavy load. Before this thread, I think the lowest I had seen for any of our users was 40 seconds.

Like I said, if you're interested I would be happy to recommend you to a host that is much better suited to PrestaShop.

-Mike

Hi , they have setted it to 30 seconds for me , but same error . Now with 30 sec. . They wrote me that I can add following

< ?
echo "a";
flush(); ob_flush();
? >

to the code and t will solve it . But I don not know how to use it . Can you help me ?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks mate

Hi hrac,
This is a hosting related issue, as your server is currently configured to wait 20 seconds to complete any request, and if not completed by then you receive a timeout error (even if it would have completed in 21 seconds). If you give your hosting provider a call and ask them to increase your max_execution_time value to 60 seconds, that should resolve this for you.

I hope this helps.

-Mike