Importing old Database into Clean Install

Hey all, I was trying to upgrade and ran into this problem of the "next" button not showing up and it appears I'm not the only one. Anyway I decided to just ditch that effort and install a clean brand new version.

My question is can I simply export and download the old database from my current version 1.3.7 and then once I've deleted the old store and installed the brand new one can I import the old database from 1.3.7 and retain all the original customer/stats info?

I appreciate any help!

for starters, you should do this on a full dns with a sub-domain name. I say full DNS in that you or your hosting provider should create a new domain (not a subodmain) that you can test your upgrade. When you are happy with your conversion then you wouild then change your DNS . i.e. newsite.yourdomain.tld.

If you try to migrate your customer or employee files over then you must be aware that new installs generate keys in the config/settings.inc.php file. You will need to replace (at a minimum) the login key. Search for reseting passwords in PrestaShop for a better understaind (this post while I'm cooking pasta).

The alternatives 1) build your new site on a local host, i.e. on your computer...

but remember to back up your database, i.e. download via phpmyadmin and your entire root site (ftp).

Suerte...the new features are worth the effort