Resend download link to client

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem, and I found the link by accident. I went to my account>order history and clicked the link that says details next to the order. A table appeared at the bottom of the page and the product name turned out to be the link. This is the only way that I have found to access a virtual product download. The email generated has no link. If anyone knows why the email does not contain the link, please weigh in. Thanks in advance and @idoityourself - I hope my post helps!

Edited by Debra Martin (see edit history)

I solved the problem by asking the "system" to send me a copy of all e-mail messages sent to the customers. So when the customer gets a download link I also get it... so when customers ask for the link (a million times actually) I just forward them my own copy of their original download link e-mail. I also get a copy of order confirmation and all other messages sent to the customer.

here is how to do so:

http://www.prestasho...firmation-mail/

and more info here:

http://www.prestasho...bcc-to-mailphp/

I also modified the CSS on the history page so that customers could find their way to those links a bit easier. Made a BIG icon for those products with a download-link and made links look BOLD and BIG.

And to make sure those difficult customers find their way to the History page I included a link to it in all e-mail templates !!! http://yourshop.com/history/ or whatever your shop uses.

something like: "lost your link? visit your order history and get it back here: link

hope it helps,

jp

Edited by jpac (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Did you ever actually solve the problem with the bug? I seem to be getting the same problem: emails with the download link don't get sent, sometimes.

I have no way of telling why, but I know when it happens.

I have created a custom mod that sends crucial information in the download email, so I can't solve it through "order-history" as stated above...

has anyone solved this?

I have done the mod to receive all email in my inbox, but it's no use as the system doesn't send the email to the client so I also don't get and thus can't forward it!

I'm using version 1.5.6.1 stable 

Hi,

I never "solved it" actually... It is some how "good" to know this was not a problem of 1.3.1 only... it saved me a lot of work to upgrade. 

In any case, if at least one e-mail is sent you could insert all links to order history in that e-mail. I modified ALL the e-mail templates to insert this and a lot of other useful links. 

I could confirm with feedback from some customers that in most cases the user was still logged in when those e-mails were sent and received so they simply clicked the link on their e-mail client and they were re-directed to their own Order history. 

Edited by jpac (see edit history)