[Solved] Moving prestashop up one folder

Hi,

I apologise if this is basic but cannot seem to find the answer.

I currently have my shop at www.mydomain.com/prestashop, which ultimately goes to www.mydomain.com/prestashop/index.php

I simply want to make lose the prestashop part, so the shop is accessible when i go to www.mydomain.com, ultimately going to www.mydomain.com/index.php.

I tried simply moving all files out of the prestashop folder via FTP and into the main folder but it gave me an error when trying to log in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

It is not an error as such. It is the information box that comes up after a new install of prestashop, saying 'before you can access the back office you need to remove the install folder and change the admin folder name to something different'.

I obviously deleted the install folder sometime ago, so there is no install folder in there, i did try changing the admin name again to something different but the above information came up again.

That is very odd about the install folder and admin rename messages. I do not have an answer for that.

However I do know that you will need to change your config/settings.inc.php base uri to '/' from '/prestashop/. Then if you can get into your back office you will need to change your site url via preferences-->seo & urls (scroll down to see them). If you can not get into your back office, use phpmyamdin to change mysql table (yourprefix_configuration), look for your domain name an domain name ssl. change them to your new url, i.e. without the prestsahop folder.