One-Time Fee? Price = Quantity x Cost + Fee?

Here's my goal:

A "create your own" -style product. The customer uploads an image they want on the product, then determines the quantity of the product. (Example: I want a coffee cup with this logo on it. Upload the logo, set the number of mugs I want, done.)

The "one time fee" is the design fee of converting the image to something that can go on a coffee cup.

The reason this isn't included in the flat price is because the fee only applies once per order of that item, regardless of the quantity.

I *think* there is a way to achieve this through use of groups and attributes, but I don't know how (and the help file isn't helping me).

Suggestions? Maybe you've seen this in action?

In any way you would need additional module with some core modifications, because you would need to add additional functionality for uploading files to products, then put that file on the cup or something to preview by the customer etc. This is not as easy as it might look like and need even more details to be done. In addition, there is no need of additional groups as the functionality should integrate with your shop for all customers, because as I understand you want an ability for all users to do this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...