[SOLVED] Successful install, can see back office, front office is just a blank white page.

Hi,

I have just joined the Ps forums after loading and installing Ps on Godaddy. The installation eventually went well and I can see the back office and it appears to be fine (except for insufficient space for module loading, which I am dealing with). However when I use my URL to get to the front office I just get a blank white screen. Go daddy had recently changed my server and corresponding IP address which I have changed in the DNS settings of my domain name provider (123-reg). I don't think this is the problem as I can get to the back office which is on the same server.

Has anyone had this problem before? I did see a reference to a similar problem but there were no responses to that post.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Malc.

Hi Carl, many thanks for the rapid response. I did as you suggested and received a page full of Permission denied notices along with some 'no such file or directory exists' I have attached a txt file with debug statements in if you have time to give it a look. It's all a bit of a mystery to me at the moment. But it does look like a permissions problem. I thought I had set the permissions for the relevant folders, but maybe I missed one.

Any ideas?

malcDebug page from website -after install.txt

Hi Carl,

I have just set the permissions on the 'Smarty' folder and all of it's sub-folders to have write permissions. This worked and I can now see the shop.

Should I leave these permissions or will they need to be reset at any time?

Again many thanks for your help. (beaucoup de mercis) I think?

I don't doubt there will be many more posts as I get my head around this software. But so far I am impressed.

Regards

Malcolm.

• 1 year later...

today playing with some cloudfare properties while now experiencing same problem, however my config.inc.php does not contain have line mentioned above, change into 777 and still not working for me

is someone able to help me out on this

If you are using 1.5.3 or above the line is actually around line 29 in your config/defines.inc.php 

Then you will be able to see the error. Keep us posted on your findings, thanks!

If you are using 1.5.3 or above the line is actually around line 29 in your config/defines.inc.php 

Then you will be able to see the error. Keep us posted on your findings, thanks!

!!!Breaking News... Dreamhost -->> As mentioned it looks like your site is running into procwatch on the server, which is killing your processes as they hit the memory limits for the server.

unable to look at log...

in adition to problems cant login this morning...(not send me recover password at all) :-(( crap

Edited by papek (see edit history)

!!!Breaking News... Dreamhost -->> As mentioned it looks like your site is running into procwatch on the server, which is killing your processes as they hit the memory limits for the server.

unable to look at log...

in adition to problems cant login this morning...(not send me recover password at all) :-(( crap

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Have you contacted your host to try and solve your memory issues?

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Have you contacted your host to try and solve your memory issues?

Sure, yes. Well, i mean absoulutely of course sir, however my host is cheap, therefore lack support, and is using linux, oh my god. And im a nob in prestashop. Own basic knowledge about computers :-/

A linux server is good! However, you may not have the capabilities to run an Ecommerce store. That said, the minimum requirements are pretty basic for a simple store. 

Is good until nob has to investigate what is wrong and where. Things were fine until custom theme beeing installed. After, warning from hosting company - Dreamhost, unlimited shared, yeaaah wright, max mem is 90mb. Theme is from themeforest. Tomorow switch with another hosting provider while trying to ask for refund from old one. Sorry for my English.

Edited by papek (see edit history)

A max memory of 90MB is probably not enough for a fluid running store. That said, there are simple shops that run at that level. The modules you have installed (especially within an advance theme) can definitely increase the need for more memory 

Keep us posted on your results. Where in the world are you located? I can recommend some hosting companies for you.