Prestashop Point Of Sale (Pos)

Happy New Year Presta-shoppers !!

Our retail store needs a POS system and since we have prestashop for our online store, i am interested in getting a POS system that interfaces with Prestashop.

I did look at Kassanova, however that system looks very klunky and not the right fit for our store. Am interested in hearing if anyone has found a good fit or has developed an interface.

If not, i plan on getting a POS software developed that works directly off prestashop's database.

In any case, please chime in with your feedback and features you'd like to see in a POS system

Cheers and have a great 2012 !

• 2 weeks later...

@Aldeag, thanks for the link, i checked it out and while that solution seems perfect, they do not have an English version. I've contacted the company and am awaiting an answer (been 2 weeks now)

@wildman, thanks, i am also looking at Quickbooks POS, however i did want to see if there was a community solution:

In Theory guys, for Prestashop to be operable in a Retail Store enviroment, all we need it do is:

1) Offer a Quick Sale option (faster than one page checkout)

2) Ability to add to cart using a bar code scanner / PLU / UPC / EAN code

3) Trigger to open cash draw and calculate change due to customer.

4) Send mini invoice to POS printer

The rest of the pieces are already built in.

Im assuming the quick sale option will only require an email id / phone number to add a customer.

If no one has done this, i think i can have this developed in 2 weeks. Let me know your thoughts and any special features you can think of, that is an absolute necessity in a Store enviroment.

Mike - Administrator:

Is this something prestashop is planning on doing or offering in 1.5?

Please let me know.

Thanks

It would be perfect, and we are looking for this.

And if you are able to build a solution, it should manage combinations as well. For example I have a clothes shop, I have many colours and sizes codes, and every items has its own code, so if I get an item that has a code like CHFK and a colour code like AZ and a size code like 32 the code is CHFK/AZ32 so I can scan every item with its own codebar without the need to check the combination after.

Should work in the web like Prestashop so I don´t need Windows. I could use also Linux, Mac or Windows

And much more...

Should be something like this but free.

http://www.lightspee...l.com/overview/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi phantomeye,

I spoke with our development team, and it appears that we will be at least some sort of POS integration into our upcoming version 1.5. While I don't know exactly how deep it will be until we get closer to the final release, I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that this is something we have planned for our next major release.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• Like 1

Mike,

This is great news. I'm upgrading our current site to Prestashop and this was one of our main gripes. We need to be able to enter email and phone orders in on the backend. Sounds like this POS feature in the upcomming release will do it.

I have another quesiton as this was another thing we'd really like to have, the ability to edit all order info including removing and adding products, prices, shipping cost, etc. Will this be something you guys will be adding to the next release?

There is also a solution for PrestaShop windows desktop that includes a built-POS (not export to use third party programs), this POS is perfectly synchronized with PrestaShop and allows the sale of products with a barcode scanner.It also takes into account the discounts for each item and the ticket is fully customizable.Certainly worth a look.

regards

http://www.innovashop-everywhere.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi phantomeye,

I spoke with our development team, and it appears that we will be at least some sort of POS integration into our upcoming version 1.5. While I don't know exactly how deep it will be until we get closer to the final release, I just wanted to pop in here and let you know that this is something we have planned for our next major release.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

see this is just what we are looking for we use prestashop for our online store and quickbooks pos for our retail outlet if we had one for the whole thing that would save some time - the thing is all these other companys offer integration but you cant just pay for the software you have to pay a monthly fee and if you are just starting out and need to keep your monthly costs down this is no good.

our next thing is to get prestashop and quickbooks to intergate with sage 50 accounts

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

At the request of current PrestaShop - VendHQ customers, we've just release our PrestaShop integration. Our POS-Sync software synchronizes your inventory levels between various web based POS providers (VendHQ, Imonggo, MerchantOS). Check us out at http://www.pos-sync.com. Contact us on our support page to see about our Beta test discount.

Thank You,

Joey Tallieu

Co-Founder Pos-sync

• 9 months later...