Hide Price But Enable Ordering

BarNet

Hi all

Our client is a wholesaler that wants customers to go onto the site and place their regular orders. However they want the price not to show as all clients have unique prices depending on what they order.

I can't use Catalog only as this doesn't allow orders to be processed. Can anyone lead me in the right direction as to how I can hide the prices?

I am on version 1.4.6.2

Thanks in Advance

Catherine Barclay

Features:

• Managing Authorized Clients:
    • Authorized clients can view your product prices, inventory counts, shipping methods/prices, payment methods or make online orders.
    • Potential customers can ‘Request a Account’, which you review and decide to enable the client from the back office. You can also just as easily disable a client. Click click!
    • Then leverage PrestaShop’s full featured back office reporting and controls to manage and view your member clients.

[*]Non Authorized (potential) Clients:

• May view your product details, but not product pricing or any shopping capability.
    • Potential clients can contact you for more information on prices and purchasing.
    • Potential clients can choose to ‘Request an Account’, or any wording of your choosing and language.
    • New client ‘Request Account’ applicants receive email that their account request has been received and is pending review, again in the wording and in the languages of your choosing.
    • Can view any other public information such as your ‘brick and mortar’ store locations, contact details etc.

Thanks but this isn't what we need. The site we are currently building has no prices showing at any time. Orders can be placed and then clients are notified of the cost separately. Out client doesn't want a system that has different prices on login there is too many variables they need to consider. The client is a wholesaler with a widely varying price structure that can change because of the personal relationship they hold with their clients.

We need a catalog site showing no prices but will still allow the customer to select products to cart and place orders and reorder.

Thanks but this isn't what we need. The site we are currently building has no prices showing at any time. Orders can be placed and then clients are notified of the cost separately. Out client doesn't want a system that has different prices on login there is too many variables they need to consider. The client is a wholesaler with a widely varying price structure that can change because of the personal relationship they hold with their clients.

We need a catalog site showing no prices but will still allow the customer to select products to cart and place orders and reorder.

We had not thought of this scenario, and I haven't seen a module that can do this, but that mean little as there are lots of great developers with many different feature products.

With prestashop, though I haven't tried it, but you can create a group, then assign customer(s), then one can assign discounts by product for that group.

I've only used this feature by product, and all customers/groups. You can investigate this ps feature, catalog-->edit a product-->select 3. Prices. You first would add the group and test customer(s) to it, via customers-->group.

This way I think you can offer unique prices via discounts (percentage/value) by customer(s). Not sure this will work for your needs but it takes little time to test it.

p.s. I've seen some discussion for say removing things like shipping costs, when there are no shipping costs, for example download products, it get's rather messy, I mention this only in that running the 'cart' without prices will take 'some' to 'a lot' of custom work.

Suerte!

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have the exact same request as "BarNet" the original topic creator.

I'm curious to know if this was ever resolved. The solutions posted have been good, but don't solve my exact needs.

My client is also a wholesaler who does not want to list the prices, but would still like clients to be able to use the shopping cart and create invoices. They will view these invoices, and send them a personal re-quote with a specific estimate based on various factors.

In the back-end, they don't seem to offer this solution. You can switch to 'catalog' mode, which hides prices, BUT also the shopping cart feature... and for each individual product, you can hide the price, BUT only if you 'disable' (uncheck box) for ordering. (I've attached an image of this)

So just to summarize, simply put, I need to hide ALL prices for ALL products, including in the invoices, but still make the products available for order.

Hope we can resolve this, thanks!!

I have the exact same request as "BarNet" the original topic creator.

I'm curious to know if this was ever resolved. The solutions posted have been good, but don't solve my exact needs.

My client is also a wholesaler who does not want to list the prices, but would still like clients to be able to use the shopping cart and create invoices. They will view these invoices, and send them a personal re-quote with a specific estimate based on various factors.

In the back-end, they don't seem to offer this solution. You can switch to 'catalog' mode, which hides prices, BUT also the shopping cart feature... and for each individual product, you can hide the price, BUT only if you 'disable' (uncheck box) for ordering. (I've attached an image of this)

So just to summarize, simply put, I need to hide ALL prices for ALL products, including in the invoices, but still make the products available for order.

Hope we can resolve this, thanks!!

you could try this...set catalog mode and then modify modules/blockcart/blockcart.php to allow cart when in catalog mode...(remove catalog mode check)

there may be more to it...as I did not test this method

public function hookRightColumn($params)
{
 if (Configuration::get('PS_CATALOG_MODE'))
  return;
 global $smarty;
 $smarty->assign('order_page', strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'order') !== false);
 $this->smartyAssigns($smarty, $params);
 return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcart.tpl');
}
public function hookLeftColumn($params)
{
 return $this->hookRightColumn($params);
}
public function hookAjaxCall($params)
{
  return;
 global $smarty;
 $res = $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcart-json.tpl');
 return $res;
}

Edited by eTiendas.co (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

you could try this...set catalog mode and then modify modules/blockcart/blockcart.php to allow cart when in catalog mode...(remove catalog mode check)

there may be more to it...as I did not test this method

public function hookRightColumn($params)
{
   return;
  global $smarty;
  $smarty->assign('order_page', strpos($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 'order') !== false);
  return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcart.tpl');
}
public function hookLeftColumn($params)
{
  return $this->hookRightColumn($params);
}
public function hookAjaxCall($params)
{
   return;
  global $smarty;
  $res = $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcart-json.tpl');
  return $res;
}

I tried this, but there is endless amount of other checks you have to remove (because catalog mode disables all shopping features). So that is a no go for me.

At a later stage I want to be able to revert back to original functioning. Have anyone found a simplirier solution? I really need this.

I thought of maybe removing all price output but that means I still need to revert back at a later stage and there would once again be multiple places I need to remove it.

I tried changing source code so that I could select "Available for order" but deselected "Show price" (so that it is not disabled)..but doesn't seem to be working. I also went to the database and change available_for_order = 1 and show_price = 0 in the product table, but this even doesn't seem to work. I am guessing there is another table that stores this info maybe.

Seems like Prestashop is writing in such a way that it does not make sense to have it available for order but no price. Help anyone? Maybe someone got a module? Can't seem to find one.

Edited by CathyCakes (see edit history)

I had a feeling it was storing it in another table! ^^,

If you go to your database and change show_price = 0 in "product_shop" table it will not longer show price on products.

BUT now I have to remove all prices on cart not to show =( But getting somewhere at least.

I haven't yet tested but the latest release of ps allows orders (mabye only from back office) when shop in 'catalog mode'.

My authorized only module sets 'catalog mode' for non logged in visitors, for pre-approved customers then they can see prices (this of course can be managed by assiging customer to group(s) that have product special prices etc.).  This removes a lot of issues of hacking a lot of code.  Now at this point you just need to code 1) allow  2) an add to cart button.  These are minor changes, then you have shop where they can actually shop, without prices that they can add to their cart. (note not tested yet, I will play with latest release that allows back office orders for catalog mode  shops...might be interesting.

Just a quick thought:

Perhaps, since all prices are displayed by calling one method (ie: displayprice, in the tools class), just modify this function to return an empty string. You'll have to take care of the javascript that comes in play on the product page (refreshing price display) as well.

Edited by zombie process (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hi ! 

I also had this problem, and thank you all for your advices ! 

With Prestashop 1.7, I found a way to disable to price on the ordering page. (I will be looking for disabling the prices on the others pages, but for this I will have to look further in the next days.)

Here my answer : 

1) Open ProductPresenter.php

2) On line 69 :

private function shouldShowPrice(
        ProductPresentationSettings $settings,
        array $product
    ) {
   //return $settings->showPrices && (bool) $product['show_price'];   <- disable this line and return false
  return false;
    }

Edited by JulietteGARREAU (see edit history)