Template Installing Help!

Hello

I am needing some real help installing my purchased template onto my server. I have prestashop installed and my hosting service running. I have the template i need but cannot seem to find any real step by step advice to get it uploaded and running. can someone help me out? Any advice is much appreciated.

In the admin panel go to preferences and the appearance scroll to the bottom and you will see you installed templete that you are currently using.

Just above that is some text with a link to install other templetes you may need to install the templete importer/exporter first.

Just follow the direction and once you are at the module for importing themes you will have two choices install from computer or from prestashop.

You will then have to return to the above preference/appearance to choose the new theme.

!Warning!

If you have alot of work done customizing your shop beware the new theme will change alot of customization you should not loose any products though.

That was my experience changing themes anyway, even after deleting the entire shop and uploading my backup I had to turn back on alot of modules that the new theme disabled then rearrange them on my page to be like it origially was.

That was because alot of info is kept in the database.

Need more info just post a reply.

first, let me thank you for your response!!! THANK YOU.

So tell me if I'm understanding you correctly.... upload the package to my server and save it to "THEMES" folder in my public_html file.

Then log into my back office in prestashop (the admin panel)......what is the template importer/exporter??.........

this is the first time i have attempted this.....my website only has the generic "Prestashop logo".... so i do not have any work yet customizing it at all...to risk losing.

thank you so much my friend! Im learning so much from your teaching.

Normally, the templates includes "img, modules and themes" folders. Just upload these folders to your prestashop root directory. Then go to your admin-->configuration-->appearance. Choose the installed(uploaded) template. If the template has the demo SQL. Just go to your phpMyadmin, then patch the demo SQL.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, can anyone pleaseeee help? im completely new to all this. i have purchased my template, have my web hosting sorted, my prestahop installed, but i can seem to get my new theme to load up...in the template instructions it told me to extract the contents of the template and to install it on my prestashop theme, i think i have done this ok...next i went to my admin page..and went to themeinstaller, which i installed, then went to configure, chose the file to upload, but its saying bad configuration....ive been told i need to

Patch your prestashop database with the provided source/dump.sql (only if you want

sample contents)

I dont know how to do this...can anyone, please give me step, by step (basic) instrictions on how to carry this out..pleaseeee help!

Just download the zip of the Template file to your computer. Then go to modules import/ export a theme if not installed , install it, then click on configure.

You will see in the box that comes up, Import from your computer, click browse and browse to the place on your pc where you saved the Theme zip file, then click next in the next box click next again.

In the next box change the config to what you want I suggest leave as default and click next again, then click finish.

Now go to preferences/ appearance, scroll down and select your new theme and click save.

Thats it you now have the new theme applied to your shop.

No Need to unzip or upload any files to your server.