Change New Products Module To Show Prods. From Only One Category

saracoratello

Hi there,

I want change prestashop new products module hook function to show products from only one category.

Does anyone have idea how can i do this ?

I know how to do this by tpl and {$newproduct.category} var, but i find this method as "volatile".

Here are default hook function from blocknewproducts.php :

public function hookHome($params)
{
 global $smarty;

$newProducts = Product::getNewProducts((int)($params['cookie']->id_lang), 0, (int)(Configuration::get('NEW_PRODUCTS_NBR')));
 if (!$newProducts AND !Configuration::get('PS_BLOCK_NEWPRODUCTS_DISPLAY'))
  return;
 $smarty->assign(array('new_products' => $newProducts, 'mediumSize' => Image::getSize('medium')));

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blocknewproducts.tpl');
}

Thanks!

the class Product is what is performing the query to retrieve the new products, inside Product is a function called getNewProducts, so you have 2 options.

1) You can override the Product class, and revise the getNewProducts to only return products from a specific category.

2) You can modify the blocknewproducts.php hookHome function so that after you retrieve the products and store them in $newProducts array, you could iterate through that array and remove the products that are not in the target category.

if you would like me to do it for you, I can, but I do charge for my services. if you would like, send me a PM with the category id you want to filter out and I will make the changes using option 2.

just go to this URL, select the "Prestashop Module Installation" option. once paid i will perform the update.

http://www.bellini-services.com/shop/software-solutions/19-prestashop-upgrade.html