Need feedbacks and ideas...Large gadgets store

shimony

Hi All,

Can you please check my website and let me know what you think?

Store address: http://www.royal-digits.com

The store contain ~3000 products and growing at ~120 products per day (90% with scripts).

I have not paid for even one module and used only free modules or modified the code myself if needed.

I am using version 1.4.4.0.

I am using perl scripts that creates sql scripts and download all the data and pictures by itself including editing the pictures, setting prices, discounts....

It takes me about 15 seconds to add product !

Thank you PrestaShop for such a great product! :rolleyes:

Please let me know if you have comments/feedbacks/ideas/questions!

Thank you!

Eyal.

Hey Shimony,

Great Job, I like your website and you have grat stuff in there.

About your website I think it's cool, fast to open and better of all, with free modules in it.

I myself have my prestashop with only one paid module only because of the SEO optimization the rest is free ;)

Good luck with your business,

Regards

I have created perl scripts that creates csv files for import and creates another html file with the "descriptions" (this is the only manual entry that i am doing) and creates another SQL script.

I am providing the script links to pages of products from my source and it download everything i need: price, discount, title, specifications, description, pictures (which it also enlarging it automatically).

Once the script is done, it also upload everything to my hosting, including the csv files, pictures, sql script..

The script also verify i will not have duplicate products.

So i am just using the import from the admin tab and once this is done, i am running the SQL script.

After that, the only thing i need to do is copy/paste the description from the html file it created to the product description and enable the product - so it takes ~15-20 seconds per product + 5 more minutes for the import of the csv files.

I also created scripts that check if products still available and update their prices and discounts where needed (with perl script that create and run SQL scripts).

I found out that anything can be done with a bit of knowledge in SQL and html and lot of knowledge in perl scripting.

I am still searching for:

1. Good rating module that will also show the rating in the product-list.tpl

2. Good translation module/tool that will automatically translate my site to more languages

(Free modules/tools only!!)

Thanks for your feedback anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added another script that checks:

1. If item is available or removed from my source.

2. If item is out of stock or temporary out of stock.

3. If item requires "express shipping"

The script also update prices and disable the product if it is not vailable any longer!

I just ran it for 2000 items and it updated it in ~2 hours only! - thats so cool!

I am still waiting for feedbacks - PLEASE!

Regards.