cvs import under subcategories

xgeert

Hello, Can anybody tell me how I can import products in the subcategories of subcategories or is it only possible untill the first subcategorielevel.

I would like to create it as follows

Home -> products -> subcategorie products -> under more subcat. I have to put more articles, seizes colours ect.....

Or is it only possible to import untill teh first sublevelcategory.

Thanks in advance,

Geert

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this is not true on 1.5!!

its imposible to import product inside a subcategory. when you try it prestashop creates a new category with the name of the subcategory right after home category.

I am able to do this successfully in 1.5.1. Have you verified the subcategory number?

How do you do this?

I have a category called Cat1 (ID 3), under it I have SubCat1 (ID 4).

What should the category cell in the csv file should look like if I want to show the product in:

1. Home and SubCat1

2. SubCat1,

3. Cat1 and SubCat1

When I use comma to separate in the cell, i get new categories under Home.

When i use Category ID I get new categories created with Category ID names.

When using Cat1|SubCat1 it creates new category.

When using Cat1;SubCat1 it gives an error

Please enlighten me?

Well I use a CSV (comma) file and then during import I set the field and multiple value separators.

I set field separator to ";" and value separator to "|"

So the end of every line/product in my CSV has a ";". If I have multiple values for a field I separate them with "|".

If you use commas they may be seen as new entries (as will ";" if you use the default since the field separator is ":" by default which I think may be your issue) depending on your settings so I'll use my settings as an example. Also by "Home" I'm guessing you mean the top level "Categories" which will also have an ID. I'll call that ID 1 for the examples.

1. 1|4

2. 4

3. 3|4

Edited by DBMAN (see edit history)

I have discovered one issue I had. When I was importing the categories, I set the IDs to my own numbers (starting from 10 instead of 3). Upon import prestashop automatically assigned its own numbers (from 3).

I was using the wrong category IDs. I just used the ones set under prestashop and it imported it correctly.

Now I will play with having different categories etc...

• 3 months later...

I am trying to ad categories for are shop. I am using delimited but am having trouble writing the code.

Honda

92-95 Accord

Fuel Systems

Fuel Injectors

etc...

Could anyone please help with the details of the ; or , for the code.