Filter addons by popularity

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fernandoch,

I apologize, I've been out for the past week following a surgery, so I only just saw your posts. When I had marked this as solved, the Popularity filter was running on our Addons site, but I see that it has since been removed. I will check with our Addons team to see if there is any information I can provide you on this.

-Mike

Hi fernandoch,

I spoke with a member of our Addons team, and the Popularity filter was removed to allow each module to stand on its own merits, not previous download numbers. However, they have added many new filters in the right sidebar that will making finding your modules easier than ever!

-Mike

Maybe you allow your customers to make decisions what they want to find. And I think the popularity filter will stimulate contributors to make better themes (modules).

What do you think about it, Mike?

Hi Marek,

If you would like to make suggestions on this, please send an message here. They are the ones who make those determinations.

-Mike

In my opinion it is not very practical. I would like to know which addons are mature enough to be installed on a production server and not having problems with new addons, not well tested and wasting time trying them all.

The filters they have added are useless in my opinion, and could make prestashop lose a lot of users. Magento's extensions for example can be filtered by most popular. Wordpress plugins can also be filtered by most popular...

Anyways, thank you for your help.

• 1 month later...