HTML source has lost formatting?

helios1877

Hi everyone,

Just recently I've been having a problem. The actual HTML of my website has lost all formatting. The first image is the screen shot of the source from my back office, which shows an html source nicely formatted with line breaks and structured indentation of divisions etc. This is how the code from my front office used to look as well, as I'm sure is the case for most everyone using prestashop. But if you refer to the second picture, you'll see that the code from my front office has lost all of the nice formatting that it used to have, making it difficult to locate anything as well as to visualize the structure. I can't figure out what I did to cause this problem, nor can I really pin point the exact change that was made which caused it to first occur. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

post-257413-0-10383800-1323738639_thumb.jpg

post-257413-0-70817300-1323738724_thumb.jpg

Never Mind. Lol. I solved it. Thank god too, I was freaking out. It was the options for combine, compress, and cache under performance, in preferences. There was an option of "minify" html which I guess I had just blindly enabled at some point, anyways, this option will remove all of the unnecessary line breaks and whitespace from your html in an attempt to minimize unread characters. It doesn't really seem necessary to me but maybe I'm wrong

P.S. Just another quick little observation. While the "minify" html option was still enabled and the fact that this option was the solution to my problem, I was trying different browsers just to see if the souce would be formatted in IE (I use firefox), and some of the css was broken, and my theme seemed like it was not working. But before I had found the solution to my original problem, I didn't really think the two incidents were related. So then I'm basically thinking, "OMFG! This is just effing perfect, right? When it rains it pours."

But, then after I had turned off the "minify html" option in preferences > Performance, the formatting of my theme was working again in IE. So I would recommend not using this option, not only because it doesn't seem necessary, but it seems to break css in IE.

Just my two cents

• 2 weeks later...