(Solved) Invalid Argument Error During Upgrade

Hi All.

I am trying to upgrade from 1.37 to the latest version. All seems to go OK until I hit the following error during the process. It maybe because I am trying this via a copy in a subdomain rather than the live date.

My config looks like this:-

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/test/');

When I go to the url I get Bad SubDomain SQL query.

url is here www.jahwaggysrecords.com/test or test.jahwaggysrecords.com

Error during install/upgrade: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Country.php on line 141 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Country.php on line 143 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/install/php/generate_tax_rules.php on line 8 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Module.php on line 109 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/classes/Language.php on line 606 Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/jahwaggy/public_html/test/install/php/updatetabicon_from_11version.php on line 38

You may have to:

Fix the error(s) displayed
Put your database backup
Modify the file settings.inc.php to put the old version for the line with _PS_VERSION_
Restart the upgrade process from the begining

Thanks for the reply. I have now just installed it into a folder called /shop rather than a subdomain as I suspected it would be something along those lines as you have suggested - and yet it still does that same thing. Is it related to the Language argument issue in my first post? I am at a loss.

not very far at all....after hours of downloading the current site and then uploading to a new directory - when I try to enter the site I get a similar but slighty different error,

[b]Warning[/b]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [b]/home2/jahwaggy/public_html/shop/classes/Language.php[/b] on line [b]347[/b]

Invalid loadTaxZones() SQL query!

Maybe an error in the way the database back up was exporting through phpmyadmin? I used bigdump to upload it and all seemed fine - I am guessing really.

OK I have narrowed it down to how it connects to the database or the database itself. I inserted the original settings.inc and it worked no problem. I altered the base uri to /shop/ and it worked OK (without going into each page it seemed to be OK at least the page loaded) - as soon as I changed the database in settings.inc to the test database where I imported a database file via bigdump it gives me that error again.

Does that shine any light for anyone?

OK I solved this in the end.

It seems that when I used phpmyadmin to export the date and import it failed. I used the quick export, and then bigdump to upload the file.

I then tried to export the database from the back office - and a much much smaller file was generated. phpmyadmin gave me a file size of 288mb where the back office was 60mb. I uploaded that file through phpmyadmin (as it was small enough not to need biddump) and it worked perfectly.

More issues to solve - will start new threads.