Shipping Estimation module problem

Hi everybody

I have found that the shipping estimator only supplies a price when you have logged into the site. If you do not log in, it will show free shipping.

Can somebody help me with that please?

Im using prestashop 1.4.5.1

post-96001-0-33434400-1323033396_thumb.jpg

I check that... looks ok the default carrirer. Can you be more specific please?

i have created carriers for different zones. On checkout, when u are not logged in, it finds the correct carrier when you enter your country on the "Estimate your shipping & taxes" but the shipping price is always free...

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am having similar problem.

For domestic shipping options, the shipping estimator shows correct carriers and prices.

But, when I choose different country, it shows correct carriers but assign them with the wrong prices.

Checked all the information regarding carriers. zones, countries in the Back office and all is as it should be but the shipping estimator just won't work.

I am using PrestaShop 1.4.6.2

Help would be appreciated.

Problems like these are often as a result of incorrect price or weight ranges.

Can you provide a screen shot of your ranges.

Hi Dave,

I attached the weight ranges for international carriers and domestic carries. Also, the results on Cart page for orders from Croatia (my home country which shows OK results) and the example of France which doesn't shows correct prices.

I created special zone for the Croatia called "Hrvatska" and used default prestashop zones for other countries. Maybe that's the problem? Just thinking out loud...

My site is not live yet as I would like to resolve this issue first.

Thanks.

post-316231-0-74450200-1327052606_thumb.jpgpost-316231-0-00946300-1327052605_thumb.jpgpost-316231-0-17234100-1327052604_thumb.jpgpost-316231-0-59838500-1327052605_thumb.jpgpost-316231-0-28563500-1327052606_thumb.jpgpost-316231-0-64402100-1327052603_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Your weight ranges look fine. You shouldn't have a problem with your zones. Just to check, do you have a fee carrier set up at all?

If so maybe Europe zone is selected in that carrier. Other than that, without BO access to browse your settings, I really can't why this happening.

Hi,

Your weight ranges look fine. You shouldn't have a problem with your zones. Just to check, do you have a fee carrier set up at all?

If so maybe Europe zone is selected in that carrier. Other than that, without BO access to browse your settings, I really can't why this happening.

Hi,

no free carrier is not set for any zone or country.

But, I descovered something else. If I change my default country to, for example, France in BO, then the shipping estimate shows correct numbers for France and Europe zone but incorrect for Croatia and other zones.

Seems that shipping estimator works only for default country?!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a prestashop module error for sure, I have the same problem, and I just realize today.

But if you continue with the checkout process, the carrier assumes their right values so... it's just an unwelcome bug that gives the client a bad impression.

I am from Europe and the shipping estimator gives me the right values, but if I change to another country outside Europe it gives that error "free shipping".

I dont know if the module uses the ip address or not, and if a client from outside Europe can see the same error or not or if this error just occurs if someone changes the country that is not from it's ip range.

even so, if you continue with the checkout everything get's to normal

• 2 months later...

Has there been a fix to this problem yet? I also believe it is definitely a module problem.

The carrier selections and pricing calculated works fine for the carrier options available for THE COUNTRY/COUNTRIES OF the default carrier selection (only). With default as "local store pick-up" for a price of "free!", any locally available carrier selections work properly and pricing increases as orders are added to the cart (ie: carrier price increasing with weight or cost).

When changing to any country outside the country defaults delivery option (if a local only carrier is default), the carrier jpg and delivery time label change to the new selection of international carriers, but the prices take on whatever is determined by the default carrier price. (eg: "free!" if pickup is the default, or whatever price corresponds to the chosen default local carrier weight/price calculation).

So too, if a worldwide carrier is selected as default, the carrier selections works for all international country selections but then not the local country that excludes that default worldwide carrier. In this case, the local carrier selection will take on the worldwide default carrier's price.

I've tried deleting all options, re-installing the module, checked all fieldsm etc, etc. Problem remains.

Where in the code is this default carrier pricing coming from? Can anyone help?

• 8 months later...

I also have this problem, and while most of our customers are in our country it's not the end of the world. But from an overseas customers point of view it looks incredibly misleading and likely to lose us customers in the long term. I wonder if there's a way of changing the shipping estimate with a static price matrix for shipping? Or is there an off the shelf module which will work?

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this problem, and while most of our customers are in our country it's not the end of the world. But from an overseas customers point of view it looks incredibly misleading and likely to lose us customers in the long term. I wonder if there's a way of changing the shipping estimate with a static price matrix for shipping? Or is there an off the shelf module which will work?

same problem either in PS 1.5.3.1. Urgency required.

Regards,

Ed Boon

Visioned.nl

Same again for me, but slightly worse: the module works fine for domestic rates (Canada, where we are), but just sits there loading forever if you change the country to anything else. It doesn't matter which "refresh carrier" method I choose, I'm not getting any other rates at all! I've double-checked my zones, countries, carriers, etc. and everything is fine.

Using PrestaShop 1.5.3.1, Shipping Estimation 1.2 and Canada Post Rates Calculator 1.1.

If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this, please share!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have been doing some searching and there are a few replies on the Forge that mention a couple of bug fixes to Shipping Estimation (a/k/a Carrier Compare) and even an updated version of the module, however there is no mention of where these code fixes are or where you can download the new version.

Can anyone tell us if there is a fix, or if there is a newer version than Shipping Estimation 1.2, and if so, where we can get it? I'm running PS 1.5.3 and can't upgrade to anything higher (long story) so I'm hoping I can just get my hands on the module itself.

Thanks!

Edited by artofadornment (see edit history)

• 5 months later...